Politics

To live happily (and sucessfully) in Africa:
1. Have a foot in at least two countries.
2. No local politics.
3. Buy a pith helmet
4. Keep 90% of your wealth nowhere near your country of citizenship / residence
5. Maintain an escape route
6. Don't try moving wealth off shore by buying and trying to sell diamonds in London - it ends badly :cool:
7. The knock on the door at 2 o'clock in the morning is NOT your neighbour wanting to borrow some sugar

How you silence those who trying to make your bad behavior known.

Remember those goofy, stork looking toys as kids, that dipped their beaks in a thing of water at least 3 times? Dont remember what they were called, but this video of our idiot Treasury Sec bowing three times to her Chicom counterpart made me think of it.
She must be related to the Bamster!

@sestoppelman You might be recalling those bird thermometers.there was a bulb for the birds tail and the mercury went from there up through the neck to the beak. The pivot was at the body. When the temperature went up, mercury expanded and went from the bulb up to the beak, causing the bird to go from vertical to horizontal and the beak would go into some water, cooling the mercury, causing it to contract back into the bulb, putting the weight back into the birds tail and rotating it back to vertical. The bird would warm and process would repeat.

Does kind of remind me of that clown.

@sestoppelman You might be recalling those bird thermometers.there was a bulb for the birds tail and the mercury went from there up through the neck to the beak. The pivot was at the body. When the temperature went up, mercury expanded and went from the bulb up to the beak, causing the bird to go from vertical to horizontal and the beak would go into some water, cooling the mercury, causing it to contract back into the bulb, putting the weight back into the birds tail and rotating it back to vertical. The bird would warm and process would repeat.

Does kind of remind me of that clown.
I think that was one, and the one fourfive8 shows too. Both seem very familiar.

359246929_10160949722981081_5422822332329934788_n.jpg
download.jpeg

1689071841697.jpeg

Turkey announced today that it will support Sweden’s acceptance into NATO. Finland was accepted into NATO earlier this year. Ratification will be quick and will bring NATO up to 32 members. Who would have thought that Vlad Putin would be the guy to make NATO relevant again!

Good call. Yep remember them from when I was little. Always fascinated me.
The Drinking Bird :)

Little known fact about that bird...

A guy named John Tigrett saw it in the 1950's.. and bought the patent for it for $800.. then marketed the hell out of it.. more than 20M were sold after he owned the patent.. he made a killing..

His son Issac was super passionate about music and food... Convinced John to allow him to use money from Johns relatively small glub-glub (bird) fortune.. and opened a restaurant... The Hard Rock Cafe... (which obviously took off globally and made a huge fortune).. and then later co-founded House of Blues with Dan Ackroyd (making another huge fortune)..

So.. that bird.. is what ultimately gave us the Hard Rock and the House of Blues.. without the bird, it is very likely neither of those restaurant chains would have ever happened..

It is time this war was brought to a rapid end. NATO has won hugely, don’t rub Russia’s nose in it.

I don’t think Ukraine insisting on having their territory and people back is unreasonable.

Did you guys see this? Transgender wins Ms Universe for The Netherlands. WTF is wrong with our world?? :mad::mad::mad:
Where are the screams of outrage from all the feminists? True women are being canceled.

Turkey announced today that it will support Sweden’s acceptance into NATO. Finland was accepted into NATO earlier this year. Ratification will be quick and will bring NATO up to 32 members. Who would have thought that Vlad Putin would be the guy to make NATO relevant again!
In 500 days, Putin has made the Baltic a NATO Lake and added almost a thousand miles of border with NATO (Finland).

With the accession of Sweden and release of the Azov prisoners, Turkey has apparently concluded sitting on the fence is foolish.

Meanwhile a third of my party is howling about the evils of our support for Ukraine. Can't make it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmymike

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….