Planning a Safari

Welcome aboard lanethms. Your 2021 window gives you more time than you actually need to plan for your first hunt. But planning is part of the fun as well. Just for giggles why not start a spread sheet depicting what you are getting from 3 S Safaris and then take a look at what other outfitters have to offer. Since you are just "window shopping" it doesn't hurt to look around a bit.
 
Welcome to AH! Take your time and look at a lot of different outfitters, then compare and contrast to see what stands out. There are a lot of great outfitters on AH. Ask questions if you are uncertain.
 
Glad you are on AH!
March will be cheaper on airfare but warmer hunting if that is an issue with you. For EC hunting you should check out Frontier Safaris. AH is great but there is nothing like meeting folks you may hunt with at DSC or SCI Conventions. Booking at conventions for the current year can be tricky as most are partially or fully booked by then.
For travel plans you should take your own gun and you should use a travel agent. You will read all kinds of stories on here of people say just book it yourself and save a few bucks and you also read of so many that didn’t take are a gun because “it was too much hassle”. Don’t take his wrong but if when planning a safari, an epic adventure of a lifetime, a $200 travel agent fee is a financial issue maybe folks should stick to deer hunting. Point is hunting is expensive, travel is expensive, but having a custom gun confiscated (AH Story) is just sad.
That all said a few questions will determine if you can possibly go it alone on plane tickets: 1. Where will your departure airport be? 2. Will you have to transfer between airlines? 3. Where is your final destination?
I hope you enjoy planning your 2021 Safari! It’s never too early to start planning.
Regards,
Philip
 
Hi, I have been to SA 2 times now. Last trip was with 3S Safaris. My wife accompanied me on this trip and she is still talking about the trip. 3s Treated us very well and the hunting was excellent. The food and board were excellent. Just a great time hunting and sight seeing. I recommend them. If you have questions let me know. Book 1 year in advance, although when I booked the hunt with 3S it was only4 months out. Good luck on your trip.
There are many good outfitters on here depends on your budget and what you want to hunt.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,827
Members
169,420
Latest member
WinnieFenn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top