Planning a Safari

Welcome aboard lanethms. Your 2021 window gives you more time than you actually need to plan for your first hunt. But planning is part of the fun as well. Just for giggles why not start a spread sheet depicting what you are getting from 3 S Safaris and then take a look at what other outfitters have to offer. Since you are just "window shopping" it doesn't hurt to look around a bit.

Welcome to AH! Take your time and look at a lot of different outfitters, then compare and contrast to see what stands out. There are a lot of great outfitters on AH. Ask questions if you are uncertain.

Glad you are on AH!
March will be cheaper on airfare but warmer hunting if that is an issue with you. For EC hunting you should check out Frontier Safaris. AH is great but there is nothing like meeting folks you may hunt with at DSC or SCI Conventions. Booking at conventions for the current year can be tricky as most are partially or fully booked by then.
For travel plans you should take your own gun and you should use a travel agent. You will read all kinds of stories on here of people say just book it yourself and save a few bucks and you also read of so many that didn’t take are a gun because “it was too much hassle”. Don’t take his wrong but if when planning a safari, an epic adventure of a lifetime, a $200 travel agent fee is a financial issue maybe folks should stick to deer hunting. Point is hunting is expensive, travel is expensive, but having a custom gun confiscated (AH Story) is just sad.
That all said a few questions will determine if you can possibly go it alone on plane tickets: 1. Where will your departure airport be? 2. Will you have to transfer between airlines? 3. Where is your final destination?
I hope you enjoy planning your 2021 Safari! It’s never too early to start planning.
Regards,
Philip

Hi, I have been to SA 2 times now. Last trip was with 3S Safaris. My wife accompanied me on this trip and she is still talking about the trip. 3s Treated us very well and the hunting was excellent. The food and board were excellent. Just a great time hunting and sight seeing. I recommend them. If you have questions let me know. Book 1 year in advance, although when I booked the hunt with 3S it was only4 months out. Good luck on your trip.
There are many good outfitters on here depends on your budget and what you want to hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg