Pith helmets...

Oh if I was you I'd put on a pair of plaid short pants, a flowered shirt with the helmet and head to the nearest mall.
 
Oh if I was you I'd put on a pair of plaid short pants, a flowered shirt with the helmet and head to the nearest mall.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Does anyone actually still where one in Africa? I have one of my granddadds floating around you see but don't wanna look too much like an idiot!

Own it and make it yours!! I seriously thought about it too as a lark but the droll look I got when I suggested it made me reconsider it. BTW, sadly, I did not see one over there.:LOL:
 
Now for a larger rifle and the look is complete!

image.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I live in a little one-horse town with all kind of characters. One ELDERLY gentleman here wears khaki shorts with a long sleeve khaki shirt with a pith helmet that makes up his Uniform of the Day.

You'd fit right in.
 
Hmmm. GC's not the easiest thing to warm up to. But if he does take to you, it's a very good experience. You would probably be welcomed. His son is a retired Nuclear Sub Captain.
 
Oh if I was you I'd put on a pair of plaid short pants, a flowered shirt with the helmet and head to the nearest mall.

But wear sandals with black dress socks
 
Well at least you're NOT a Flip-Flops man. And probably don't drag your feet either.
 
Last edited:
Well at least you're NOT a Flip-Flops man. And probably don't drag your feet either.

Sandals / flip flops....either way, but the black sox finish the fashion statement
 
Don't forget a cardigan sweater and an old wide striped tie. Even better if the black socks have suspenders. How's that for a mental picture??
 
My old man used to have some comment about someone wearing a Jockey Strap and Hip Boots! Now there's you a mental picture.
 
Only guy I have ever seen wear a pith helmet to Africa was a blackpowder writer, named Rick Hacker. He did a double barrel BP hunt in Zim years ago and wore one. The last guy before him was probably Teddy Roosevelt.:LOL::D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O
 
My dad's foul weather gear consisted of his "Frank Buck hat" and a yellow slicker. That was his rainy day bass fishing outfit for years, wish I had a picture of him in it. I should have saved the old hat for a keepsake. Would I have ever worn it..........Hell No!
 
Wear it and be proud. Remember your paying a lot of money to enjoy yourself!
 
potting soil and water and it will grow anything you want to plant.but dont wear it,ha,ha,ha,
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,159
Members
169,499
Latest member
VenettaFit
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top