Pith helmets...

Oh if I was you I'd put on a pair of plaid short pants, a flowered shirt with the helmet and head to the nearest mall.

Oh if I was you I'd put on a pair of plaid short pants, a flowered shirt with the helmet and head to the nearest mall.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Does anyone actually still where one in Africa? I have one of my granddadds floating around you see but don't wanna look too much like an idiot!

Own it and make it yours!! I seriously thought about it too as a lark but the droll look I got when I suggested it made me reconsider it. BTW, sadly, I did not see one over there.:LOL:

Now for a larger rifle and the look is complete!

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in a little one-horse town with all kind of characters. One ELDERLY gentleman here wears khaki shorts with a long sleeve khaki shirt with a pith helmet that makes up his Uniform of the Day.

You'd fit right in.

Hmmm. GC's not the easiest thing to warm up to. But if he does take to you, it's a very good experience. You would probably be welcomed. His son is a retired Nuclear Sub Captain.

But wear sandals with black dress socks

Well at least you're NOT a Flip-Flops man. And probably don't drag your feet either.

Last edited:
Well at least you're NOT a Flip-Flops man. And probably don't drag your feet either.

Sandals / flip flops....either way, but the black sox finish the fashion statement

Don't forget a cardigan sweater and an old wide striped tie. Even better if the black socks have suspenders. How's that for a mental picture??

My old man used to have some comment about someone wearing a Jockey Strap and Hip Boots! Now there's you a mental picture.

Only guy I have ever seen wear a pith helmet to Africa was a blackpowder writer, named Rick Hacker. He did a double barrel BP hunt in Zim years ago and wore one. The last guy before him was probably Teddy Roosevelt.:LOL::D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

My dad's foul weather gear consisted of his "Frank Buck hat" and a yellow slicker. That was his rainy day bass fishing outfit for years, wish I had a picture of him in it. I should have saved the old hat for a keepsake. Would I have ever worn it..........Hell No!

Wear it and be proud. Remember your paying a lot of money to enjoy yourself!

potting soil and water and it will grow anything you want to plant.but dont wear it,ha,ha,ha,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilbert89L

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross