Pet peeves?

They never have any of that fine Canadian elixir called Crown Royal.

IMG_0047.JPG

You mean this crown royal ? Lol
It's available with a heads up . We can special order and SOMETIMES get lucky

* Hearing American hunters say "Berger VLDs are fantastic on African animals because that's what the Best of the West guys use".

If there is a bigger example of the triumph of marketing over common sense in the hunting/shooting realm than Berger bullets, I have no idea what it would be.

If there is a bigger example of the triumph of marketing over common sense in the hunting/shooting realm than Berger bullets, I have no idea what it would be.

DGX as a Dangerous Game bullet comes to mind. :E Big Grin:

Royal you are a :A Shit:-stirrer, and I love it :ROFLMAO:

6.5 CREEDMOOR

It doesn't do anything more than 20 others in the same caliber. The name is cool and rolls off the tongue easily though.:whistle:

People that leave their state or country and are surprised and bewildered that they're not in Kansas anymore. :rolleyes::D

Ouch. I love my Creedmoor :(

Don't feel bad, MAGNUM is another marketing invention that's lulled more hunters into needlessly relieving their wallets of large sums of money. :D

Ouch. I love my .300 Weatherby Magnum :(
I'm glad you love both of them. Variety is the spice of life. I love my .28 Nosler. It uses a magnum bolt face.:Shamefullyembarrased:

6.5 CREEDMOOR
* It has low recoil and better ballistics than 308.
* Very long barrel life.
* Factory ammo, brass, and bullets are cheap, readily available, and of high quality.
* Super easy to load super accurate ammo. Great selection of high BC bullets.
* Is just as happy at the bench in competition shooting as it is hunting in the field.
* rifles chambered in it for sale by almost all rifle manufactures in almost any gun store.
* Great and reliable feeding cartridge for semi-auto rifles (feeds in ARs better than 308)
* Fits in any short action and any short action magazine.
* performs very well in short barrels.

Although it isn't the best at anything, it does everything well and has no drawbacks. IMO, it is the do-it all round of the 21st century.

Don't feel bad, MAGNUM is another marketing invention that's lulled more hunters into needlessly relieving their wallets of large sums of money. :D

Especially that .375H&H Magnum!

* It has low recoil and better ballistics than 308.
* Very long barrel life.
* Factory ammo, brass, and bullets are cheap, readily available, and of high quality.
* Super easy to load super accurate ammo. Great selection of high BC bullets.
* Is just as happy at the bench in competition shooting as it is hunting in the field.
* rifles chambered in it for sale by almost all rifle manufactures in almost any gun store.
* Great and reliable feeding cartridge for semi-auto rifles (feeds in ARs better than 308)
* Fits in any short action and any short action magazine.
* performs very well in short barrels.

Although it isn't the best at anything, it does everything well and has no drawbacks. IMO, it is the do-it all round of the 21st century.
*How to start an argument: talk about politics, religion or gun calibers*

The 6.5 Swede, it's ballistics twin, made a good impression but didn't take over the world so I'm not so sure the Creedmoor. But I will agree it is coming around for it's niche. Small to medium plains game OK, but I'd be rather leery on the bigger species.

As for availability, it doesn't pass the one test that tells me whether companies really have faith in it lasting and selling. Is it in left-handed in all the common models? Not yet.

As for availability, it doesn't pass the one test that tells me whether companies really have faith in it lasting and selling. Is it in left-handed in all the common models? Not yet.

Ive actually wanted to buy a Creedmoor and set up a long range paper popper. But.... Savage is all I've been able to find in left hand and I just don't want a Savage.

Ive actually wanted to buy a Creedmoor and set up a long range paper popper. But.... Savage is all I've been able to find in left hand and I just don't want a Savage.
Ruger has made a version of the M77 Hawkeye called the FTW (based on the SAAM school) that comes LH in 6.5 Creedmoor.
upload_2017-7-14_7-12-10.jpeg

Back on the pet peeves, the one that really frosts my balls is girly men that have to ask their wives or SOs (aka mommies) if they are allowed to go hunting or have a gun in the house. I put these "men" on my do not go near list and hope they are neutered so as to not pollute the gene pool.

Ruger has made a version of the M77 Hawkeye called the FTW (based on the SAAM school) that comes LH in 6.5 Creedmoor.
View attachment 195472

When did they start making that????

Ruger made training rifles for FTW when I was there, but all right hand.

Will check it out. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,