Original .460 Smith and Wesson Reloading Data

Forrest Halley

AH legend
Joined
Jul 28, 2019
Messages
2,299
Reaction score
4,715
Location
VA, USA
Media
29
I finally found it using the way back machine!

Some have in the past questioned me with my use of 52.0 gr of Win 296 under a 200 gr .452 FTX bullet in this cartridge. I had the data on a printout, but lost it in a move some years ago.

The link solely for research purposes: "http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/ftx_load_data/460_sw_magnum_ftx.pdf"
It has since been castrated by a bit...lawyers...:E Nono:
Here it is for all the doubters and fellow enthusiasts:
1000010746.png
 

Attachments

I had MGM cut a 20” .460 barrel for an Encore. I assume it was shooting 300 grain A frames at about 2200 FPS out of 6lb rifle. It was the most god awful violent recoiling rifle ever. Made 3” rifled 12 gauge slugs enjoyable.
 
I had MGM cut a 20” .460 barrel for an Encore. I assume it was shooting 300 grain A frames at about 2200 FPS out of 6lb rifle. It was the most god awful violent recoiling rifle ever. Made 3” rifled 12 gauge slugs enjoyable.
The Advent of the .450 bushmaster did lots of good things for .460 S&W carbines. The extra barrel length was causing hellacious blown up bullets on whitetails and hogs. Bullets were designed to be shot out of an 8" barrel revolver not a 20+" carbine. However the gun is amazing. I like the super fast recoil of my .375H&H Encore. It's a lightweight high performer.
 
I finally found it using the way back machine!

Some have in the past questioned me with my use of 52.0 gr of Win 296 under a 200 gr .452 FTX bullet in this cartridge. I had the data on a printout, but lost it in a move some years ago.

The link solely for research purposes: "http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/ftx_load_data/460_sw_magnum_ftx.pdf"
It has since been castrated by a bit...lawyers...:E Nono:
Here it is for all the doubters and fellow enthusiasts:
View attachment 600719
Forrest, other than the deletion of Scott 4100, replaced by a different load of Acurrate 4100, those loads are the same as in the present Hornady 11th edition manual. They also added a Power Pro 300 load.
 
Forrest, other than the deletion of Scott 4100, replaced by a different load of Acurrate 4100, those loads are the same as in the present Hornady 11th edition manual. They also added a Power Pro 300 load.
Duly noted! Thank you! In comparison from the hodgdon online data, 46.5 is the maximum listed for said bullet with H110. I found that to be quite interesting. Is it still listing a large rifle primer or has that been upgraded to a LRM?
 
Duly noted! Thank you! In comparison from the hodgdon online data, 46.5 is the maximum listed for said bullet with H110. I found that to be quite interesting. Is it still listing a large rifle primer or has that been upgraded to a LRM?
They list the Winchester Large Rifle primer.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,270
Messages
1,571,229
Members
169,289
Latest member
ShoshanaR4
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top