One year from now, what will things look like

I don’t think much will change until a vaccine is developed and EVERYONE has access to it. I’m not just talking about hunting. As far as travel goes, I’m more concerned with being stuck in quarantine somewhere for 14 days or more cause one person on the aircraft has a fever! And forget CRUISE ships! There’s still 10,000 employees stuck on those ships floating around the world cause no country will let them dock! I’ll wait for the vaccine!

I don’t think much will change until a vaccine is developed and EVERYONE has access to it. I’m not just talking about hunting. As far as travel goes, I’m more concerned with being stuck in quarantine somewhere for 14 days or more cause one person on the aircraft has a fever! And forget CRUISE ships! There’s still 10,000 employees stuck on those ships floating around the world cause no country will let them dock! I’ll wait for the vaccine!

Chances are you will be waiting a long time then.... None of the other sars viruses after tens of years of research and development have a vaccine for them.......

Chances are you will be waiting a long time then.... None of the other sars viruses after tens of years of research and development have a vaccine for them.......
Well, maybe your right? I’m just more concerned with being stuck somewhere for an extended period of time because some bureaucrat for an airline decides to quarantine everyone on a flight? I don’t have unlimited vacation time from work that I could do that. I guess if the passengers are checked for virus symptoms at each boarding it would/might eliminate that issue? But who knows what other countries are doing? I don’t fear the virus as much as the unknowns related to this virus when traveling to/from another country? There just seems to be a lot of misinformation or lack of information out there?

Status quo for the rest of this year. Maybe some loosening up come winter . Then look for another flare up of covid as the flu season kicks in and brings more restrictions. Very unsettled for most of next year. Covid is going to be a permanent thing like the flu and pneumonia with flareups until the chicoms are forced to release the vaccine that the world knows they are sitting on.

Sorry, I forget a zero. As of May 12, as many as 100,000 may still be stuck on cruise ships! Yahoo! A perpetual vacation! No job waiting for you when you get back, but hey?

I would not bet the farm on this time next year. Its a maybe at best I think. This year? Forget it.

Who knows. Hopefully a big improvement at best, I am in a rural area limited cases and considered an essential worker so I haven t seen the other side so much.

Sorry, I forget a zero. As of May 12, as many as 100,000 may still be stuck on cruise ships! Yahoo! A perpetual vacation! No job waiting for you when you get back, but hey?

All passengers are off the cruise ships.... It's the crews that are stuck.....And from reports I have read it's no fun at all......

All passengers are off the cruise ships.... It's the crews that are stuck.....And from reports I have read it's no fun at all......

It’s not fun and certainly no vacation, but we do what we can to repatriate everyone. It’s after all each shipping company’s responsibility to make sure the crew is repatriated no matter what.
The last couple of weeks has seen a bit of movement in the receiving countries. Charter flights are taking off from different parts of the world and some ships are going to different countries and transporting the crew that way.

It's 2022 for me and 10 days in Namibia would most likely be the destination, but the search has already started

It’s not fun and certainly no vacation, but we do what we can to repatriate everyone. It’s after all each shipping company’s responsibility to make sure the crew is repatriated no matter what.
The last couple of weeks has seen a bit of movement in the receiving countries. Charter flights are taking off from different parts of the world and some ships are going to different countries and transporting the crew that way.
Glad to hear all of the passengers are off the ships! My condolences to the remaining crew members who are still stuck on them. I hope they are receiving some compensation? My wife and I have enjoyed a couple of cruises in the past, and the crew members were great! Hope the cruise industry recovers from this situation sooner than later. In my opinion, taking a cruise is one of the best values for a vacation out there!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross