One Week Out

Catahoula

AH enthusiast
Joined
May 7, 2015
Messages
434
Reaction score
614
Media
57
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
1
We leave a week from Saturday on our third "once in a lifetime" trip. When I booked that first trip, I really believed that it would be my only trip to Africa. That first trip was in November of 2016. I went back in August of 2017, I leave next Saturday for the next adventure, and I've already booked and paid a deposit for a buffalo hunt in 2020. This stuff definitely gets in your blood!

On another note, at this point in the prep for that first trip, I had packed and repacked a dozen times. So far, the only thing I've packed for this trip is my ammunition. Everything is organized and easy to find in my gear closet, so it will be easy to get ready. I am so much more relaxed and far less stressed having been through the packing, rifle permits and logistics thing a couple of times already. On my second trip I packed about half of what I packed for the first, and will probably pare that down a little further this time. My wife? That's another story!

Are any of you on the Delta flight out of Atlanta on Sept. 1?
 
Have a great time and I look forward to reading the report!
 
Have a great time, look forward to the report!
 
Good Luck, shoot straight and stay safe! Glad to see another one getting their "fix". :LOL:
 
Good luck, keep us posted if you can.
 
Wish you the best of luck !
 
Best of luck!
 
Good luck. And remember the forum rules... if there isn’t a full hunt report and pictures it didn’t happen!
 
Will your wife be hunting or just observing/vacationing? I've worked overseas for months at a time with less luggage than my wife uses on a 10 day trip. Believe me brother, you are not alone in this regard. What is on the menu this trip?
 
Third time is the charm! Have fun and shoot straight.
 
Are any of you on the Delta flight out of Atlanta on Sept. 1?
I only wish I was:(.
Have a grand safari and please don’t forget a report and pictures for us!
 
Will your wife be hunting or just observing/vacationing? I've worked overseas for months at a time with less luggage than my wife uses on a 10 day trip. Believe me brother, you are not alone in this regard. What is on the menu this trip?

My wife is coming as an observer. She accompanied me on my first trip and had a great time. I going on a cull hunt. Zebra, black wildebeest and blesbok. I’ve not yet taken a warthog, so that is definitely on the list!
 
We are patiently (somewhat) spending our 4 hour layover in Atlanta waiting for boarding time. We just took a half hour for an overpriced but much enjoyed back/neck massage. We will grab dinner in a bit and try to find a way to entertain ourselves for the next few hours. Will post hunt details as we get a chance!
 
Good luck and have a great time
 
Day one and a cull blesbok is in the salt.
7652787456_IMG_2646.JPG
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,122
Members
169,705
Latest member
FeliciaBid
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top