One Week Out

Catahoula

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
We leave a week from Saturday on our third "once in a lifetime" trip. When I booked that first trip, I really believed that it would be my only trip to Africa. That first trip was in November of 2016. I went back in August of 2017, I leave next Saturday for the next adventure, and I've already booked and paid a deposit for a buffalo hunt in 2020. This stuff definitely gets in your blood!

On another note, at this point in the prep for that first trip, I had packed and repacked a dozen times. So far, the only thing I've packed for this trip is my ammunition. Everything is organized and easy to find in my gear closet, so it will be easy to get ready. I am so much more relaxed and far less stressed having been through the packing, rifle permits and logistics thing a couple of times already. On my second trip I packed about half of what I packed for the first, and will probably pare that down a little further this time. My wife? That's another story!

Are any of you on the Delta flight out of Atlanta on Sept. 1?

Enjoy your trip.

Have a great time and I look forward to reading the report!

Have a great time, look forward to the report!

Good Luck, shoot straight and stay safe! Glad to see another one getting their "fix". :LOL:

Good luck, keep us posted if you can.

Wish you the best of luck !

Best of luck!

Good luck. And remember the forum rules... if there isn’t a full hunt report and pictures it didn’t happen!

Will your wife be hunting or just observing/vacationing? I've worked overseas for months at a time with less luggage than my wife uses on a 10 day trip. Believe me brother, you are not alone in this regard. What is on the menu this trip?

Third time is the charm! Have fun and shoot straight.

Are any of you on the Delta flight out of Atlanta on Sept. 1?
I only wish I was:(.
Have a grand safari and please don’t forget a report and pictures for us!

Will your wife be hunting or just observing/vacationing? I've worked overseas for months at a time with less luggage than my wife uses on a 10 day trip. Believe me brother, you are not alone in this regard. What is on the menu this trip?

My wife is coming as an observer. She accompanied me on my first trip and had a great time. I going on a cull hunt. Zebra, black wildebeest and blesbok. I’ve not yet taken a warthog, so that is definitely on the list!

We are patiently (somewhat) spending our 4 hour layover in Atlanta waiting for boarding time. We just took a half hour for an overpriced but much enjoyed back/neck massage. We will grab dinner in a bit and try to find a way to entertain ourselves for the next few hours. Will post hunt details as we get a chance!

Day one and a cull blesbok is in the salt.
7652787456_IMG_2646.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg