Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
USA, South Africa
509B497C-61A2-46B3-8A65-F8223BC0F016.jpeg
Well I received the invoice on my dip pack fees from our September hunt. Definitely a pleasant surprise for five trophies total came out to $560 for skulls/horns along with capes on 4 of them 1 flat hide and 1 backskin.

Now to see if we have to deal with Ben Dover at the shipping company.

Who did your D&P ? Very good prices!

View attachment 268284 Well I received the invoice on my dip pack fees from our September hunt. Definitely a pleasant surprise for five trophies total came out to $560 for skulls/horns along with capes on 4 of them 1 flat hide and 1 backskin.

Now to see if we have to deal with Ben Dover at the shipping company.
Hi Austin,

If you feel your shipping prices are out of line I would be more than happy to obtain a few additional quotes for you. We can handle customs clearances as well as shipping so please let us know if you need help. My goal is to make sure you receive fair and honest shipping quotes to get your trophies back. If you have a good experience and are able to be cost effective, you are more likely to go hunting again and I think thats a win-win for all of us!

BEC8D8E7-53BD-49F6-A57D-E2B7E90ADC4C.jpeg
Well I should have titled this one step forward and two steps back.

I just received the following communication has anyone on this board especially from Texas had to provide such documentation? If so is it available on the web or via a phone call.

The after hunt experience is enough to make a guy think twice about returning. I should also note that we had no swine, primates, or rodents in our shipment

Last edited:
Seems to me that I paid a bit more than you did, but I never received a letter requesting a State Veterinarian's approval. Are you using D & L, or Coopersmith to Import your skins? If so they should be able to help you with this "dilemma."

Wait for their reply. There is some sort of Fish and Wildlife paperwork required once the crate gets into the U.S. but Coopersmith will take care of it.

SA's foot and mouth disease-free status temporarily suspended following outbreak
2019-01-08 10:38
An outbreak of foot and mouth disease has led to the temporary suspension of South Africa's FMD-free status, the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries announced on Tuesday.

"The matter has been reported to the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) on Monday (January 7, 2019)," said spokesperson Khaye Nkwanyana.

"As a result of this development, the official OIE recognised FMD-free status of South Africa is temporarily suspended."

This means any exports where FMD-free zone attestation is required, cannot be certified at present.
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/sas-foot-and-mouth-disease-free-status-temporarily-suspended-following-outbreak-20190108

So, question is, if the D&P was done to specification required for import is this really an issue?

It seems to be according to our dip pack I have a letter outlining the treatment procedures but that a letter is required from the inbound country that as long as the process was followed import will be allowed they can be imported prior to getting my vet certification for export.

You can only imagine what this is going to take with our govt.

Wonder if I will now be sidelined until the FMD free status is restored.

If you are using an agent they will be contacting USDA tomorrow to get this worked out. At worse they will be required to ship it to USDA approved facility who will do a further dip when it arrived. This is usually only required of swine parts due to African Swine Fever and zebra skulls for everything horse related. Anyway, it should be able to be worked out by Coppersmith.

Just got a call from the US agent for the outfitter who have both been a huge help and jumped right in to help straighten things out. Should know more tomorrow

Just got confirmation that crates will be airborn on Friday with arrival in DFW slated for April 9th.

After the recent delta horror stories let’s hope they make it in one piece

I just got my crate last week and it came Delta and no problems. Have used Delta for 13 safaris and have not had a problem yet but realize it could happen at anytime!

We are in the final stages now crates are in coppersmiths warehouse at DFW awaiting final clearance. Once all is cleared through USFW, USDA and customs we will be headed to pick up our crates.

According to coppersmiths crates arrived in good condition with no noted damage. Can’t wait to unbox everything

Good news sir!

Great news for you!

Can’t wait for the unveiling:A Big Hello:!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.