One Animal?

Good luck on your zebra. If you like a fun challenge, chase springbok one day. Crazy little devils will run you ragged.

We can accommodate your request, sent PM.

I mean, sure concentrate on your zebra, but you're since you're there you're surely going to want to plug a warthog, 'pala at least whilst you are there...

I mean, sure concentrate on your zebra, but you're since you're there you're surely going to want to plug a warthog, 'pala at least whilst you are there...

Pumbaa?!? Couldn't do it. No issue at all with those that do, I just have a weird thing about some animals.
Zebra on this trip. I'm glad to hear it's a challenge and not like shooting a donkey. Those who have locally criticized my choice (besides being clueless) have said "you want to shoot a horse? I'd chase some birds too maybe. I love upland bird hunting.
When I go back it'll be buffalo, gemsbok (one of the prettiest animals on the planet IMHO),kudu, and (multiple) springbok (I hear they are challenging and tasty and I've seen the most beautiful round rug made out of a bunch of hides sewn together).

Zebras are definitely not horses;) I had that attitude on my first trip but was quickly proven wrong....

On an upcoming vacation to SA (see some sharks, penguins, coat-tail relatives, Victoria Falls, game parks, etc., I'd like to book a short hunt (5 days maybe) but.....I only want to shoot one animal; a zebra. I like the idea of stalking other game, hanging at camp, etc.

But is it realistic? Will an outfitter even book such a thing? Am I just wasting a PH's time? Can I tip generously to make up for it?

Any thoughts are appreciated.
If anybody tells you zebra are easy to hunt they probably never hunted them. I have had the pleasure of going on four safaris and with the exception of kudu, I found them very difficult to hunt. Good hunting

Hammerguy, thank you for posting. Id like to offer you a one stop 5 day vacation.
We can stay at our Thornybush private lodge, where you can enjoy the Big 5 Photographic experience, we are open to the Kruger National park so free movement of game. We will hunt the Zebra at a nearby concession of mine and once you get him we continue with the Game viewing drives and walks. That way you do not need to move destinations. If you wanted to visit the Kruger park the closest gate is about 45 min drive away so a day visit is also easily arrange able.
If you have any interest please contact me at info@spearsafaris.com.
my wife and i have hunted with Ernest 3 different times,doesn't get any better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg