on a lighter note...

IMG-20210629-WA0012.jpg
 
Thrilling!!....
Czech Rock Climber Adam Ondra, a professional rock climber, specialising in lead climbing and bouldering.
Rock and Ice magazine described Ondra, in 2013 as a prodigy and leading climber of his generation.
Born on 5/2/1993. (28 years).
View attachment 409539
That's cool and all but I've always struggled with "Why?"
 
Passenger cars in the USSR were produced only with gasoline engines, because small diesel engines were simply not produced. A very small number of Volga cars were produced with imported diesel engines for export, and they were very scarce in Russia, because diesel fuel was very cheap, especially if you buy it from truck drivers. Few people even knew about the existence of such cars. And here is a certain person who was lucky enough to buy such a Volga somewhere in Eastern Europe, drove it to himself and stopped on the way, the fuel ran out (there were few gas stations). He stopped a passing KAMAZ and asked to buy a couple of cans of fuel. The driver says "yes, I have a diesel engine, it won't suit you" - "Nothing, come on, I know a secret way." And in front of the driver, he poured diesel into the fuel tank and then pretended that he was pissing in it. Then he got into the car, started it up and drove off, waving to the driver.
 
Somewhere in a European hotel, a maid is lying in bed with a guest. She says: "You Czechs are interesting people: get straight to the point. Others first tell something, they talk about something: Russians about politics, Germans about business... ". The guest:" you see, in the toilet near the reception, it is written on the wall in Czech "the red-haired maid gives immediately".
 
That's cool and all but I've always struggled with "Why?"

Why not? You could ask that about any hobby or interest including ours. Why go out hunting? It’s cheaper to buy food. Why travel? It is all on Internet etc.
 
Passenger cars in the USSR were produced only with gasoline engines, because small diesel engines were simply not produced. A very small number of Volga cars were produced with imported diesel engines for export, and they were very scarce in Russia, because diesel fuel was very cheap, especially if you buy it from truck drivers. Few people even knew about the existence of such cars. And here is a certain person who was lucky enough to buy such a Volga somewhere in Eastern Europe, drove it to himself and stopped on the way, the fuel ran out (there were few gas stations). He stopped a passing KAMAZ and asked to buy a couple of cans of fuel. The driver says "yes, I have a diesel engine, it won't suit you" - "Nothing, come on, I know a secret way." And in front of the driver, he poured diesel into the fuel tank and then pretended that he was pissing in it. Then he got into the car, started it up and drove off, waving to the driver.
Well, the "blue def" emission control fluid that we have here for diesels is nothing more than urea (piss). My older Ford truck diesel doesn't require it, but I wouldn't be opposed to pissing in the tank occasionally for the cause? Ha! Ha! Ha!
 
4E690437-CF84-4C57-A10F-BA6C1D51F60A.jpeg
 
I went in a medical problem once
Where the guy tried to intentionally overdose by drinking blue def-I assure you he had explosive and NON STOP diarrhea!!! And yes we found him on the side of the road. . .
 
I snapped this photo in DFW the other day. I pointed it out to my wife and said "Toilets Concessions, I guess that's where you go to buy crap." She didn't think that was funny.

1625067293131.png
 
I went in a medical problem once
Where the guy tried to intentionally overdose by drinking blue def-I assure you he had explosive and NON STOP diarrhea!!! And yes we found him on the side of the road. . .
An old Soviet joke:
An early phone call:
"- Hello, Vasya? Did you try rocket fuel with us yesterday?"
"- Yes, I tried it, why?"
"- Vasya, don't go to the toilet! I'm calling you from Tokyo!"
 
That's cool and all but I've always struggled with "Why?"

I would rather say why not.

Isn’t each time someone pushes themselves to accomplish great feats, though they might not be of any significance to the larger fate of the world, a victory in its own respect? Why climb the Himalayas, when you could be airdropped by helicopter? Why run a marathon, you could just take the car? Why go search for the most challenging hunt, if you could just shoot the same species bred in captivity?

As president J F Kennedy said: “We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard”
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,311
Messages
1,572,531
Members
169,578
Latest member
TaniaZ5549
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top