on a lighter note...

When steel was first adopted for waterfowl in about 1985, no one knew how to shoot it. My dog went to sleep in the bottom of our boat! I've seen that look... or at least felt it.

156300337_229450252252504_1230597989910573258_n.jpg

A man doing market research for the Vaseline Company knocked at the
door and was greeted by a young woman with three small children
running around at her feet.

“I’m doing a survey for Vaseline. Have you ever used the product?”

She said, “Yes. My husband and I use it all the time.”

“If you don’t mind my asking,” he said, “what do you use it for?”

“We use it for sex,” she said.

The researcher was a little taken aback. “Usually people lie to me and
say they use it on a child’s bicycle chain or to help with a gate
hinge. But, in fact, I know that most people do use it for sex. I
admire you for your honesty. Since you’ve been so frank so far, can
you tell me exactly how you use it for sex?”

The woman said, “I don’t mind telling you at all. My husband and I put
it on the doorknob. It keeps the kids out.”

One night at a local bar frequented by a bunch of deer hunters, the local sheriff's deputy scoped out the joint for possible drunk drivers.

As he waited, just about closing time a patron stumbled out of the bar, fumbled for his keys, tried them in three different cars until he finally found his, got inside and rested his head on the steering wheel. The deputy knew he had his drunk driver, so now all he had to do was wait for him to start his engine and pull out of the lot.

After about 20 minutes most of the other deer hunters had left and then the patron abruptly lifted his head, cranked the car up and drove out of the lot like a bat out of hell. The deputy followed him and stopped him promptly.

He administered the breath-o-lizer test and it read 0.00. Confused, the deputy asked the driver what the hell was going on.

The driver looked at him innocently and said, "Well, tonight I'm the designated decoy."

How true is that?!! I would get home from school, grab a gun and head into the woods. My parents got home about four hours later. Probably get arrested for that these days. Good news is, I never shot anything that didn’t need shooting.

How true is that?!! I would get home from school, grab a gun and head into the woods. My parents got home about four hours later. Probably get arrested for that these days. Good news is, I never shot anything that didn’t need shooting.
Only thing that would make that any better is if you told me it was a model 39 cooey you grabbed. Pretty sure model 39s were advertised as babysitters.

Reactions: WAB

An old friend of mine (who is about 30 years older than me) tells about carrying his rifle onto the school bus in the morning, storing it in his locker all day, taking it back on the bus in the evening, and then hunting for rabbits and squirrel for supper between the bus stop and home.

My youth summers I spent fishing with gill nets and selling fish.
WInters I spent in backyard woods, with granpas 22.
Sometimes in between I went to school.

An old friend of mine (who is about 30 years older than me) tells about carrying his rifle onto the school bus in the morning, storing it in his locker all day, taking it back on the bus in the evening, and then hunting for rabbits and squirrel for supper between the bus stop and home.
We did that in the late 80’s in rural Montana. Used to take the bus to school and put our rifle in the office then ride our buddies bus to their house and hunt for the weekend then do the same on the way back Monday. Felt like we were doing some real traveling to hunt. Hell we used to get opening week of rifle season off so the kids could hunt for the family freezer. Times have changed for the worse most definitely!

Only thing that would make that any better is if you told me it was a model 39 cooey you grabbed. Pretty sure model 39s were advertised as babysitters.

Got a cooey and I’ve lost the tubular magazine follower for it. If you ever see one I need it!

We did that in the late 80’s in rural Montana. Used to take the bus to school and put our rifle in the office then ride our buddies bus to their house and hunt for the weekend then do the same on the way back Monday. Felt like we were doing some real traveling to hunt. Hell we used to get opening week of rifle season off so the kids could hunt for the family freezer. Times have changed for the worse most definitely!

We always got the pheasant opener off. We had guns in our rigs at school and it wasn’t unusual to walk across the running track to hunt our buddy’s farm next to the school. We had an indoor rifle range in our school. And yes, that was in Canada! How have we let all these idiots ruin our country?!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg