Not even close to my childhood injuries:
Broken arm
Crashed my bike, more than once
Jumped of garage roof, multiple times
Buck off same horse, multiple times
Stabbed by a dart, that's another story
Hit in the head by a rock, that's another story
Multiple stitches as a result of various injuries
And a whole lot of other stupidly fun adolescent stuff.

Then came the teenage years, the military years, and now the top of the hill years where I am feeling all the aches and pains of the previous years.

My only regret is hindsight: If I knew then what I know and feel now, I would have done 10 times as much more and 10 times as fast ( and not for the lack of a trying), so I can say I more than earned all my "little" aches and pains.

Man @Ridge Runner, I thought at first you were describing my childhood, with the exception of the broken arm.

Ran over a horse once, crushed by a horse while riding bareback on the beach (thank God the sand was soft, otherwise I wouldn't be her), fell on my back from a mango tree 30 ft up and hit every branch on the way down. Jumped in the water and crushed a jelly fish, had to walk around with a towel for over a week from the burn to the twins. Everything hurts now, but I would never give up my child hood. I'd do it all over again. :)

Makes me feel right at home. Sometimes I wonder how I survived this long.
Took the top off my left index finger from a chainsaw and again from a table saw.
Lost the tip of my left little finger to a sledge hammer.
Left middle finger hanging by a thread from a skilsaw. Micro surgeon saved it.
Three surgeries and a replacement left shoulder.
Right shoulder surgery.
Several meniscus knee surgeries from skiing.
Tibial plateau surgery on right knee from skiing.
Broke my right foot in 5 places.
Back problems from skiing, logging, construction.
Arthritis in damn near every joint.
And I wonder why I hurt.

Newboomer it doesn't seem you have much respect or fear of saws? LOL

IMG-20200921-WA0017.jpg

Newboomer it doesn't seem you have much respect or fear of saws? LOL

The hell of it is that my saw injuries happened when I used the blade guards. After I removed or pinned the damn things, no more problems. My fingers sure appreciated that.

Man @Ridge Runner, I thought at first you were describing my childhood, with the exception of the broken arm.

Ran over a horse once, crushed by a horse while riding bareback on the beach (thank God the sand was soft, otherwise I wouldn't be her), fell on my back from a mango tree 30 ft up and hit every branch on the way down. Jumped in the water and crushed a jelly fish, had to walk around with a towel for over a week from the burn to the twins. Everything hurts now, but I would never give up my child hood. I'd do it all over again. :)

:E Rofl:Them damn jellyfish hurt, been there also. And that old story of pissing on the sting to reduce the pain is A Lie! At least it never worked for me. And I've been stung by jellyfish at the very worst of times [(ah humm...frolicking in the water with a female) ( most definitely ending a rather romantic endeavour)].

Makes me feel right at home. Sometimes I wonder how I survived this long.
Took the top off my left index finger from a chainsaw and again from a table saw.
Lost the tip of my left little finger to a sledge hammer.
Left middle finger hanging by a thread from a skilsaw. Micro surgeon saved it.
Three surgeries and a replacement left shoulder.
Right shoulder surgery.
Several meniscus knee surgeries from skiing.
Tibial plateau surgery on right knee from skiing.
Broke my right foot in 5 places.
Back problems from skiing, logging, construction.
Arthritis in damn near every joint.
And I wonder why I hurt.

Yeah...after all that suffering....then arthritis sets in as a reminder of all the fun you use to have....and tells you how much more fun you are no longer going to have, because it is going to slow you down....so you remember your age and you can no longer be stupid trying to kill yourself by doing stupid things.

I really hate arthritis,....no matter how right She is....I still have a reasonable right to continue to do stupid stuff.....(if) when I want.:E No::E Nono::E Rofl:

The hell of it is that my saw injuries happened when I used the blade guards. After I removed or pinned the damn things, no more problems. My fingers sure appreciated that.
Way back when I was first trying to figure out how to trap coyotes I was watching a video by an old expert on setting traps. The guy went through the whole routine wearing the long rubber gloves to be "authentic". At the end, as he laid down the moss over the trap, he was using the back side of his hand to gingerly smooth out the moss. As he did this, he was very adamant about how careful you need to be so as not to set off the trap. (duh)
Well, while he was making his final comments, he absent-mindedly removed the gloves that he unnecessarily worn since the video started. (I say unnecessarily because he spoke for 15 minutes before ever starting the set process.)
Anyway, when he removed the gloves, he revealed four fingers that were all or partially missing...on one hand! That in itself it wouldn't have been so funny, except he never even referred to it or it pointed out as the perfect example of what not to do! I laughed the rest of the day whenever I thought about it.
Ouch.

True story. 3rd time its happened in the past 6 months. For all of you that think that the USPS is great (If I've purchased from you on AH, I've warned you!) this is what you get. For those of you that think vote by mail is a winner for the US system, I hope you enjoy your votes ending up somewhere in Cleveland!

Where's Rookhawk's letter sent from Bulgaria to Illinois? Miles from final delivery destination? Remarked below, read the image bottom up.

IMG_0170.jpg

True story. 3rd time its happened in the past 6 months. For all of you that think that the USPS is great (If I've purchased from you on AH, I've warned you!) this is what you get. For those of you that think vote by mail is a winner for the US system, I hope you enjoy your votes ending up somewhere in Cleveland!

Where's Rookhawk's letter sent from Bulgaria to Illinois? Miles from final delivery destination? Remarked below, read the image bottom up.

View attachment 368991

You should really learn to relax man! It's only been 14 days and that was going international.

I had a package shipped within the US that took about five weeks to go 2,000 miles...

Proof of Delivery
Tracking History

September 8, 2020, 11:54 am

Delivered, Left with Individual
HOOD RIVER, OR 97031
Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 11:54 am on September 8, 2020 in HOOD RIVER, OR 97031.
September 8, 2020, 7:10 am
Out for Delivery
HOOD RIVER, OR 97031
September 6, 2020, 2:30 pm
Arrived at Hub
HOOD RIVER, OR 97031
September 6, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
September 5, 2020, 11:29 am
Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
PORTLAND, OR 97215
September 1, 2020, 7:28 am
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
DALLAS TX NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
August 6, 2020, 2:20 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
July 31, 2020, 4:30 pm
USPS in possession of item
HOUSTON, TX 77084

So I punched in some searches the the old Google and found this information:

And then compared it to this:

So the good old pony express could have covered that distance in 10-11 days.

Hooray USPS!(n)(n)(n)

You should really learn to relax man! It's only been 14 days and that was going international.

I had a package shipped within the US that took about five weeks to go 2,000 miles...

Proof of Delivery
Tracking History

September 8, 2020, 11:54 am

Delivered, Left with Individual
HOOD RIVER, OR 97031
Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 11:54 am on September 8, 2020 in HOOD RIVER, OR 97031.
September 8, 2020, 7:10 am
Out for Delivery
HOOD RIVER, OR 97031
September 6, 2020, 2:30 pm
Arrived at Hub
HOOD RIVER, OR 97031
September 6, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
September 5, 2020, 11:29 am
Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
PORTLAND, OR 97215
September 1, 2020, 7:28 am
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
August 6, 2020, 2:20 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
July 31, 2020, 4:30 pm
USPS in possession of item
HOUSTON, TX 77084

So I punched in some searches the the old Google and found this information:

And then compared it to this:

So the good old pony express could have covered that distance in 10-11 days.

Hooray USPS!(n)(n)(n)

You're missing the point. They got it to 2 miles from my house in a nanosecond. Then they shipped it 400 miles away. Generally, when you ship something 10,000 miles, you don't get it to the last mile and then decide to send it to Cleveland. The USPS can't find it now...gone. Missing.

Want to know what it was so you're all enraged? Two beautiful hand carved plaques to go behind taxidermy mounts, horns, euro mounts, small shoulders, bore tusks, etc. These things are one of a kind and dirt cheap in eastern europe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg