on a lighter note...

611156909_10240014807218095_8150977911523567003_n.jpg
 
You really need to experience Oktoberfest in Germany to get the full experience.
Just for fun... there are less tourists and more authenticity at the second largest fest... in Stuttgart.

As far as temps go, German beers are not as warm as British beers, but I understand that's because in Germany, Siemens, not Lucas, makes the refrigerators.

Seriously though, I like a cold beer, but depending on style, 40-45 degrees or so opens up some flavors that are simply suppressed if the beer is too cold. But it all really is style dependent.
 
Just for fun... there are less tourists and more authenticity at the second largest fest... in Stuttgart.

As far as temps go, German beers are not as warm as British beers, but I understand that's because in Germany, Siemens, not Lucas, makes the refrigerators.

Seriously though, I like a cold beer, but depending on style, 40-45 degrees or so opens up some flavors that are simply suppressed if the beer is too cold. But it all really is style dependent.

Real ale which is what was served in British pubs before lager appeared there...was delivered in wood casks and was stored in the pubs cellars...no refrigeration back in the day or needed ...it was pumped up using hand pumps mounted on the bar...keeping the lines clean from the casks to the pumps was a serious job or the beer got spoiled....it matured in the casks.....totally different to lager


Read the serving section....gives more info...was a bit of an art looking after it back then

 
Real ale which is what was served in British pubs before lager appeared there...was delivered in wood casks and was stored in the pubs cellars...no refrigeration back in the day or needed ...it was pumped up using hand pumps mounted on the bar...keeping the lines clean from the casks to the pumps was a serious job or the beer got spoiled....it matured in the casks.....totally different to lager


Read the serving section....gives more info...was a bit of an art looking after it back then


A couple of years ago I refurbished a supporter’s lounge for my son, inclusive of the cellar. There’s a lot to taking care of beer and getting it served in proper condition.
 
Not on a deep level... but there are always a few church members and relatives you have to associate with who may be even opposed to hunting. I try to educate them, sometime it works, some no way.
Heathens! LOL
 
Technically, no, not really. If it were me, my knees would be firmly in the front guy's kidneys.

Some tards actually seem to believe if they bounce often and hard enough against my knees that my legs will just magically stop being 38" inseam.
 
A LOT of it has to do with field prep. You’ve got to get that hide off the animal SOON after you shoot it. If not, the body heat will spoil the meat.
For elk, not popping open the ball joints can lead to bone sour even if temps are cold. They are just too massive and retain heat in there.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,215
Members
169,965
Latest member
CathrynBeg
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top