on a lighter note...

493486425_1967780767298395_8315387790110318722_n.jpg
 
I'm not surprised. Many years ago the city fire department here was hiring. I had formerly been a policeman and wildfire fighter so I gave it a shot. Took the basic aptitude test at the university auditorium with a couple hundred others. Wow! I think I finished it first. When I handed it in, I leaned over to truck captain and said anyone who only knew how to tie his shoes couldn't fail that test. His answer: more than 40% fail to get 50% correct (yep, 50% wrong was still passing!). Really?! Needless to say, I passed. And I passed the physical test too (a bit more arduous) but had pneumonia the day of the 1.25 mile run (actually a fast walk would qualify). They allowed me a delay but I developed second thoughts. My service-connected disability is to my right hand. If someone's life depended on my grip, they might die. Or my life might depend on it. Instead I chose to get my PhD.
You do realize that was a meme right?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,816
Members
169,418
Latest member
BridgettTr
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top