on a lighter note...

Tape measure. 100 foot (maybe longer). We used one when building the family home in Montana 1964-65. Should ask my brother if it's still there. They were pretty much bullet proof, unlike the spring loaded rigid blade variety. These had limp measure that was wound back on with the hinged handle that's flipped over and locked. Thanks for the memory.
 
Survayers tape
As a surveyor tech we used "chain" tape that was thick stiff steel and longer. No case. For storage the tape was hand coiled similar to a lariat and then twisted and "thrown" in figure eight motion into a smaller coil half the size. The chain had a leather thong on one (or both?) end to tie it together. I can barely remember how it was done. Summer help with USFS 1970-71, and 1975-77 (US Army got me 1972-74). Nowadays laser technology has largely, if not entirely, eliminated surveyor chains/tapes.
 
Last edited:
1748980858485.jpeg
 
Okay, I see a motor sitting on an Amish carriage ... but no steering mechanism or driveline/belt/chain. Photoshop nonsense.
He's still working on it, he's got a wrench in his hand.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,643
Members
169,388
Latest member
Redds2Antib
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top