on a lighter note...

1685191793519.png
 
My dad bought a 1965 3/4 ton GMC in the fall of 1964. I was five years old. It had the 305 Big Six engine and 4 on the floor transmission (w/ granny low). No AC or radio. I drove it some as a teenager and my dad had it a total of 20-25 years. During hunting season, we had a cabover camper and we'd tow a CJ-7 Jeep. The truck just ran! It even had a manual choke.

Sad but you can't say that about the new Chevey's or GMC's.
 
Sad but you can't say that about the new Chevey's or GMC's.
You can't say it about Toyotas as much as in the past...now you can be guaranteed expensive trouble with air induction system, probably repeatedly, and don't get me started on "no dipstick, dealer service designed transmissions + 4x4. But the WORST BY FAR is their oil burning, low tension piston rings--NOW THAT IS A DEALBREAKER DELUXE. Want to add insult to injury? No Toyota dealership in DFW EVEN CAN rebuild a motor themselves--they offer a subbed out crate motor, BUT WITHOUT THE COUNTER ROTATING BALANCE SHAFT INSTALLED WHICH THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET RIGHT!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR

WHY IS IT THAT ALL THE GOOD TESTIMONIES OF GREAT TRUCKS ARE FROM THE PAST ONLY???
 
Not too far in the past but I have a 96 Ford with the 7.3 that I would drive cross country tomorrow if needed or load it up and head up into the hills.

All I have done to it has been general maintenance and a water pump.
 
You can't say it about Toyotas as much as in the past...now you can be guaranteed expensive trouble with air induction system, probably repeatedly, and don't get me started on "no dipstick, dealer service designed transmissions + 4x4. But the WORST BY FAR is their oil burning, low tension piston rings--NOW THAT IS A DEALBREAKER DELUXE. Want to add insult to injury? No Toyota dealership in DFW EVEN CAN rebuild a motor themselves--they offer a subbed out crate motor, BUT WITHOUT THE COUNTER ROTATING BALANCE SHAFT INSTALLED WHICH THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET RIGHT!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR

WHY IS IT THAT ALL THE GOOD TESTIMONIES OF GREAT TRUCKS ARE FROM THE PAST ONLY???
Because these are the people working in truck assembly plants!
IMG_9209.jpeg
IMG_9208.jpeg
 
You can't say it about Toyotas as much as in the past...now you can be guaranteed expensive trouble with air induction system, probably repeatedly, and don't get me started on "no dipstick, dealer service designed transmissions + 4x4. But the WORST BY FAR is their oil burning, low tension piston rings--NOW THAT IS A DEALBREAKER DELUXE. Want to add insult to injury? No Toyota dealership in DFW EVEN CAN rebuild a motor themselves--they offer a subbed out crate motor, BUT WITHOUT THE COUNTER ROTATING BALANCE SHAFT INSTALLED WHICH THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET RIGHT!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR

WHY IS IT THAT ALL THE GOOD TESTIMONIES OF GREAT TRUCKS ARE FROM THE PAST ONLY???
I have had some very good trucks, late '70's F250, Dodge B100 vans from the 60's. Nowadays, place your bets. Currently have an '19 Colorado , which I like, has way more stuff than I was used to.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,638
Members
169,386
Latest member
WDVRomaine
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top