on a lighter note...

314903782_10228752848396163_5128065323148552538_n.jpg
 
A common electrician joke is to say that motors and other electrical things run on smoke. Because, if you let the smoke out, they don’t work anymore.
I'm an Electronics Tech not an electrician. I've tested this a few times. It's true! Including one capacitor that ended up as just the two leads.
 
Last edited:
The best mnemonic device I've ever come across is the one for the 12 cranial nerves.

All the docs on here, and @Just Gina know what I'm talking about.

Oh, oh, oh, to touch and feel virgin girl's vagina, ah heaven.

  1. Olfactory nerve: Sense of smell.
  2. Optic nerve: Ability to see.
  3. Oculomotor nerve: Ability to move and blink your eyes.
  4. Trochlear nerve: Ability to move your eyes up and down or back and forth.
  5. Trigeminal nerve: Sensations in your face and cheeks, taste and jaw movements.
  6. Abducens nerve: Ability to move your eyes.
  7. Facial nerve: Facial expressions and sense of taste.
  8. Vestibular nerve: Sense of hearing and balance.
  9. Glossopharyngeal nerve: Ability to taste and swallow.
  10. Vagus nerve: Digestion and heart rate.
  11. Accessory nerve: Shoulder and neck muscle movement.
  12. Hypoglossal nerve: Ability to move your tongue.

Totally admit I had to look up the actual nerves, I only remember the mnemonic. :D
In Electronics we had a different one to remember the resistor value color code.
bad boys rape our young girls but violet gives willingly

Black:0
Brown:1
Red:2
Orange:3
Yellow:4
Green:5
Blue:6
Violet:7
Gray:8
White:9

They have probably come up with a more PC once since...
 
Last edited:
The carpal (wrist) bones:

Some lovers try positions that they can't handle.

Scaphoid, Lunate, trapezium, pisiform, trapezoid, triquetrium, capitate, hamate.

Or the zones of production of hormones in the adrenal cortex from outside in:

The deeper you go the sweeter it gets- salt (mineralocorticoids), sugar (glucocorticoids), sex (androgens)


My neuroplasticity is not what it used to be and I certainly wish I could remember more relevant things today like where I put my car keys...
 
For those of us taught a musical instrument.

1674162195064.png
 
Here’s one used by Sommeliers to remember different size bottles:

Michael Jackson Really Makes Small Boys Nervous

Magnum - 2 standard 750ml bottles
Jeroboam - 4
Rehoboam - 6
Methuselah - 8
Salmanazar - 12
Balthazar - 16
Nebuchadnezzar - 20
 
In Electronics we had a different one to remember the resistor value color code.
bad boys rape our young girls but violet gives willingly

Black:0
Brown:1
Red:2
Orange:3
Yellow:4
Green:5
Blue:6
Violet:7
Gray:8
White:9

They have probably come up with a more PC once since...

You just gave me flashback to circuits class in engineering. Thank God I went into sales after graduation!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,424
Messages
1,575,843
Members
170,401
Latest member
Noble4682
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top