on a lighter note...

IMG_1569.JPG
 
^^^ If I shoot someone trying to steal my things it is because they valued my things more than their life. They had a choice to not take my things but felt it was worth giving up their life for them
 
At Costco today they had a guy at the door handing out masks. He asked me if I had a face covering. I said, "Sure, a permanent one" and I stroked my beard. Somehow, he didn't appreciate that and made me take a mask.
 
A little known fact is that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York.

The ship hit an iceberg and sank and the cargo was forever lost. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5 and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.
 
These are called "Double Gees" down here in Oz. My Dad used to wrap a couple in cotton wool and then put them into empty matchboxes. Right up until the 90s he used to sell them to visiting US Navy sailors on RnR as "Mountain Devil eggs" (the Mountain Devil being a very striking native species of lizard down here). He even gave the sailors instructions on how to hatch the "eggs"!! My Dad had great fun doing this, making a bit of cash on the side.

He was also bit of a "shit-stirrer" and on one occasion he telephoned a visiting US aircraft carrier lying out at anchor. He told the sailor on duty that: "the telephone cable at our end was a bit too long, so can you please pull it a bit at your end to take up the slack?" The sailor complied and pulled away.

I wouldn't have believed it, but I was standing right beside my Dad when he suddenly roared with laughter - and then pressed the telephone to my ear - to hear that the telephone line had gone dead!!! :ROFLMAO:
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,910
Members
169,638
Latest member
ChauValazq
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top