on a lighter note...

IMG_1569.JPG

^^^ If I shoot someone trying to steal my things it is because they valued my things more than their life. They had a choice to not take my things but felt it was worth giving up their life for them

At Costco today they had a guy at the door handing out masks. He asked me if I had a face covering. I said, "Sure, a permanent one" and I stroked my beard. Somehow, he didn't appreciate that and made me take a mask.

A little known fact is that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York.

The ship hit an iceberg and sank and the cargo was forever lost. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5 and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

These are called "Double Gees" down here in Oz. My Dad used to wrap a couple in cotton wool and then put them into empty matchboxes. Right up until the 90s he used to sell them to visiting US Navy sailors on RnR as "Mountain Devil eggs" (the Mountain Devil being a very striking native species of lizard down here). He even gave the sailors instructions on how to hatch the "eggs"!! My Dad had great fun doing this, making a bit of cash on the side.

He was also bit of a "shit-stirrer" and on one occasion he telephoned a visiting US aircraft carrier lying out at anchor. He told the sailor on duty that: "the telephone cable at our end was a bit too long, so can you please pull it a bit at your end to take up the slack?" The sailor complied and pulled away.

I wouldn't have believed it, but I was standing right beside my Dad when he suddenly roared with laughter - and then pressed the telephone to my ear - to hear that the telephone line had gone dead!!! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!