OK gentlemen..get ready

Cant say thats surprising.
 
Check Emirates. ORD to DXB to JNB.
 
Hole-lee-shit.
 
Oh No! I was changing to United for May-June trip. I had Qatar booked but now needed to change dates and they want $3000+ more on top of what I already paid, so I am cancelling them
That sucks, Mark.
I would guess there's a good chance they are back flying before May/June, though. The Omicron thing appears to have already peaked in SA.
 
That sucks, Mark.
I would guess there's a good chance they are back flying before May/June, though. The Omicron thing appears to have already peaked in SA.

I imagine they will be. I just looked at bookings online and they are still showing flights for February and on! Wonder if was just that flight was cancelled ?
 
Oh No! I was changing to United for May-June trip. I had Qatar booked but now needed to change dates and they want $3000+ more on top of what I already paid, so I am cancelling them
Mark, do I understand you in that you had already bought a ticket, and after the purchase, they then charged you $3000 more?
 
Mark, do I understand you in that you had already bought a ticket, and after the purchase, they then charged you $3000 more?

Here is what is up! I booked flights back in July for 2022 trip in business class. Well as things happen I have added on another DG hunt so I need to add more days to my original trip. Extending it another 7 days. Qatar has done a price increase on the business class since original purchase. So with date changes they want to charge me current ticket prices. That is right at $3000 more for business class now than when I booked. Business class when I purchase was around $4300. Now it is over $7300. That’s why I am cancelling and changing airlines.
Before any one says it. I am using Travel Express for travel arrangements. Jennifer is trying to do her magic in getting all this figured out.
 
+1 on what @Mark Biggerstaff said. Using a travel agent has its benefits.

Quick search on Kayak.com shows flights by Swiss, Emirates and Lufthansa (all with one stop) depending on your return date. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.
 
Oh No! I was changing to United for May-June trip. I had Qatar booked but now needed to change dates and they want $3000+ more on top of what I already paid, so I am cancelling them
That is really a bummer about the price increase! It very much surprises me no one has mentioned how much more it will cost now to have trophy's shipped back to the US.

Maple freight one of the leading Trophy Services in Zimbabwe recently sent a 2 page letter to the ZPGA in it they express the difficulties of shipping trophy's to the US. They state "The average increase on the per kilogram rate was over 120%(increase) which meant that a client with something as small as a buffalo skull, cape and backspin as Dip & Pack could have paid as much as $4,200.00 to a port in the U.S.. There is much more to the letter if anyone is interested.

Merry Christmas, Lon
 
I have a large shipment in Jo’Burg at the moment. We are just holding it there to see if some sanity returns to the world next year.
 
I believe the following to be correct.

Below are the only available airlines to US currently y and their trophy carrying status-

Turkish Airlines - No CITES 1
Delta Airlines - No Big 5
Qatar Airlines - No Ivory
Lufthansa - Only on approval - high rates
Egypt Air - Only on approval - high rates
 
I believe the following to be correct.

Below are the only available airlines to US currently y and their trophy carrying status-

Turkish Airlines - No CITES 1
Delta Airlines - No Big 5
Qatar Airlines - No Ivory
Lufthansa - Only on approval - high rates
Egypt Air - Only on approval - high rates

And it was Turkish airlines that lost my shipment in Atlanta for three months!
 
I imagine they will be. I just looked at bookings online and they are still showing flights for February and on! Wonder if was just that flight was cancelled ?
Cutting down like Delta is doing from 7 days a week to 3 or 4.
I am telling you guys to book Qatar. They don't cancel!
 
Here is what is up! I booked flights back in July for 2022 trip in business class. Well as things happen I have added on another DG hunt so I need to add more days to my original trip. Extending it another 7 days. Qatar has done a price increase on the business class since original purchase. So with date changes they want to charge me current ticket prices. That is right at $3000 more for business class now than when I booked. Business class when I purchase was around $4300. Now it is over $7300. That’s why I am cancelling and changing airlines.
Before any one says it. I am using Travel Express for travel arrangements. Jennifer is trying to do her magic in getting all this figured out.
These are the prices I am seeing now for next year as well. I had Qatar business at $4000 DFW-JNB FOR 2021, $4500 for 2022 that I bought way back in August and now most of these flights from DFW are around $7500 for business. We are waiting and watching to book something for our August Zim safari. With the current climate of cancellations I will buy Qatar economy before I fly with another airline.
Regards,
Philip
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,571,757
Members
169,410
Latest member
tealish
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top