O.K., I have a few questions......

Mr. 16 gauge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
With re: to the "Cecil" debacle. I have NEVER seen such a shit storm via one incident (with the exception of 9/11), and I know that social media has played a major part in this issue going viral. However, now that some time has passed & I am less emotional about the incident (i.e. just sitting around thinking about it), I have a few questions re: the "facts" as they have been "reported".

1.) It has been said that the lion in question was "lured" out of the park by dragging meat. How does anyone know this? DId they actually see someone dragging meat and if so, why didn't they say "Hey, stop dragging meat.....you'll lure a lion out of the park" and/or report it to authorities? How do we know (or not know) that whatever "meat" Cecil was shot at was a carcass that just occured there naturally?

2.) The dentist that shot poor Cecil is a felon; he's been convicted of poaching before! Really? If this is true, then how come he is allowed to practice dentistry? Of all the medical boards I know of (medicine, nursing, dentistry, etc), if one is a convicted felon, one is not allowed to practice the profession! PERIOD!!! If he had been convicted, (and back in the 80's), how was he able to maintain such a successful practice (until Fay Dunaway decided to broadcast personal information to the world.......funny how 'celebrities' don't want their personal emails, phone numbers, or addresses shared to protect their "privacy", but feel no sense of restraint when it comes to doing the same thing (esp. if it gets them some more "15 minutes of fame).

3.) The lion was shot with an arrow, and lanquished for 40 hours before being finished off with a rifle. Again, how do you know? Where you there? Did you actually watch the whole thing from somewhere and again, if so, why didn't you step in and do something? Or is is all bullshit, and just makes for good copy?

4.) The tracking collar was destroyed, proving guilt! Supposedly the tracking collar was burned, proving that the kill was illegal. Really? If the tracking collar was indeed burned, wouldn't it stand to reason that it would no longer be transmitting? If it is no longer transmitting, how was it found? And it amazes me that as much as the antis LOVE to show photographs, no one has a photo of the "burned collar".

I'm just curious....maybe I don't have the facts. Maybe these are the conditions......but they don't make sense. All I hear is a lot of emotion from a lot of 'talking heads', (one of which claimed that Cecil was killed in a 'pen').

Can anybody quote an impartial source? (other than PETA).

Like I said and many others, until the proof...no comment.

I've read conflicting stories on all of the facts you mentioned. So I am with Simon on this.
However, this is just my opinion, but I think this was an intentional smear job from the same types that gave us the uproar in Ferguson, the crap about confederate flag, etc...

@brushmore , no matter the truth, it has hurt the hunting industry beyond belief.

its all gone quiet about ole cecil down here , as it usually does once these facts from fagbook and media sources start to get shot to pieces , everyone just moves on and their dirty little ;lies get washed away with the tide .......
but the damage is already done ,mate ........
no one remembers the fact that these cockheads didn't/ couldn't prove their facts .....
they remember the ouitcry and how hot the internet was running for days and days over the poor 13 year old lion that was murdered illegally (that has to be the right wording , because that's what they rememberit , right ?)
so these wankers of the world , go about looking for the next hunt to violate and make everyone involved look bad ......
the whole time getting donations to save the wild animals , or atleast keep the CEOS living the high life style their accustomed to .
and the public knows no better , again ............
they win ...........................................................................................

ontop of this all the petitions that's been signed by the masses that were riding a big wave of emotion , are now being used by these non profit ,orgs to do people like each and everyone of us more and more harm ....................................................................
the likes of which we will be seeing for years to come ....................
chances are the blind masses or at least some of the people are starting to read the other side of the saga (some facts) and are rethinking the way the whole situation escalated out of control and saniety .........................
but hey , guess what their signature is already doing irreversible damage to the way of life for us and a couple of million other people around the world

Last edited:
My favorite news channel is SKY NEWS, since ex prime minister sex scandal arrive.....bye bye Cecil the lion.

@brushmore , no matter the truth, it has hurt the hunting industry beyond belief.

And make no mistake, that was the intention all along!

But maybe not. The other day I was reading a story and my wife walked in the room. She has never hunted and really has no interest in it but isn't anti hunting. She said, "I am tired of hearing about that damn lion. I am ready to go to Africa, kill a lion myself, and get it stuffed just to shut those people up!" :A Big Hello:

1. Nothing illegal about dragging a bait.

2. Have to wait for facts.

3+4.Tracking coller data analysis shows data from the bait till were the carcass was found. Reports suggest coller was left with the carcass and not destroyed. Have to wait for the facts.

l though l read that the P.H returned the collar , to the right people ?

@bluey read the same thing,but a few reports contain a statement from the PH saying the only mistake he made was leaving the collar behind.

Interesting though is that he is not charged with hunting illegally or poaching,he is charged for not preventing a illegal hunt.Too many ways to speculate why the charge is worded that way. Also see that ZPHGA agrees with procecuting him to the full extent of the law,maybe they know something we dont. Only time will tell. 28 September is a long way off to let this fire burn the hunting community for so long.

Tired of hearing about it myself. People who know I hunt feel compelled to ask my opinion about the doctor. Move on world. I told the wife last night "what we need is some type of BIG disruption In the world right now"
Hope we get one

And make no mistake, that was the intention all along!

But maybe not. The other day I was reading a story and my wife walked in the room. She has never hunted and really has no interest in it but isn't anti hunting. She said, "I am tired of hearing about that damn lion. I am ready to go to Africa, kill a lion myself, and get it stuffed just to shut those people up!" :A Big Hello:
Did you pick up the phone and say, "I know a guy!!!" and call Jacques
at Hartzview right away? I tried that with my wife when she said my new trophy room was tall enough to fit a giraffe....she stopped me in my tracks. Funny how we aren't supposed to be listening to them.

#1 . there was no dragging of bait parts to lure the lions out of the park: as the lions were feeding on a dead elephant that was 2.5 km from the park boundary line. Elephant died of natural causes.

#2. On Being a felon, i am not sure about this, however as you stated he would not have been able to hold his license to practice dentistry.

#3. On the time limits the lion from the time the lion was wounded and was tracked down and killed the following day by the dentist. Time line was approximately 12 hours, from reading the statement from the PH. The 40 hours went along with the rest of the lies that were initially put out to generate hate and rage to obtain money from anti hunters.

#4. Tracking collar was not destroyed and it was reported and turned in. The tracking collar was removed to skin the lion for a full body mount. However if you are referring to removing the collar from the lion as damaged then you could be right. The protocol was followed for returning tracking collars after the animal was harvested.

It appears that the initial report was made to generate, donated funds for the animal activist and the firm tracking the tracking collars. The group that places and monitors the tracking collars has received approximately $750,000 as of today. I am not sure what the individual in Zimbabwe has received from the anti hunters, his banking information for donations was out there for persons wanting to donate.

One should look at when CNN report that the reporting was flawed, there is trouble with the entire story, and they are covering their hind-ends. Their is a potential for a major law suit against firms who put out false information.

at Hartzview right away? I tried that with my wife when she said my new trophy room was tall enough to fit a giraffe....she stopped me in my tracks. Funny how we aren't supposed to be listening to them.

Trust me, if I had the cash I would have booked the hunt right then and there! :A Yes:

l though l read that the P.H returned the collar , to the right people ?
Read the same thing somewhere here in NZ to Bluey .

Just read a headline here that the dentists house has been trashed .
Is that right ?

Just read a headline here that the dentists house has been trashed .
Is that right ?

His vacation home in Florida had "Lion Killer" written on the garage door. That is all the news showed that I saw.

at Hartzview right away?

If my wife was ever going to hunt it would be with Jacques as the PH after she met him ar DSC last year. :A Banana Sad:

As far as the rest, all still speculation on any body's part.

4.) The tracking collar was destroyed, proving guilt! Supposedly the tracking collar was burned, proving that the kill was illegal. Really? If the tracking collar was indeed burned, wouldn't it stand to reason that it would no longer be transmitting? If it is no longer transmitting, how was it found? And it amazes me that as much as the antis LOVE to show photographs, no one has a photo of the "burned collar".
Oh didn't you hear? They found it. It was a pink one with a little bell and a tag that said "If found please call Ricky Gervais", ya know, because he was just a cute little tabby don't ya know :cool:

Ok.....So where the hell are the pro hunting organizations to put forth these facts. Why don't they stop this shit dead in its tracks. No damn voice to put out at least a reasonable doubt statement. This man is STILL INNOCENT until proven otherwise. What is wrong with the hunting community? How can we allow the antis to gain so much steam in these situations. This is where and I will say it again....We need a high powered PR firm hired by the big boys in the industry to help protect us. I'll make a donation to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vietgen

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!