Nubian Ibex?

Jakerthesnaker79

AH member
Reaction score
Hello all,

This may not be the best place to post and admin let me know if I need to move it, but does anyone have any experience hunting Nubian Ibex? I see some online, but not very prevalent, and then I know you can hunt them in Turkey vs. Sudan.

Anyone I can reach out to in this vast network?

Thanks,
Jake

The ibex in Turkey are bezoar/Persian ibex. They are offered by quite a few outfitters there. The ibex in Sudan are Nubian ibex. The hunting consortium included Nubian ibex/Sudan in a recent newsletter. I’d contact them if really interested. Turkey is a much more established hunting country with quality outfitters. My Dad and brother hunted ibex there years ago and thought it was a very good experience.

Persian in NM in the USA, 4 other subspecies in Spain. The scenery in Turkey is amazing. Some are hunted in the high, rocky mountains overlooking the sea. I'd like to hunt 'em in Mongolia oneday...

There are hardly any Nubian Ibex and that are protected in most countries.

It was possible to hunt Nubian Ibex in southern Egypt and northeast of Sudan there are many years ago, but I have not heard anything about these hunting offers for a long time. Moreover, Sudan is nowadays not a safe country for a European.

There are hardly any Nubian Ibex and that are protected in most countries.

It was possible to hunt Nubian Ibex in southern Egypt and northeast of Sudan there are many years ago, but I have not heard anything about these hunting offers for a long time. Moreover, Sudan is nowadays not a safe country for a European.
This is hunting consortium newsletter from last month. A YouTube video was put up by a European booking agency last year as well, appears to be same operation. I agree with you safety concerns but it appears hunting is occurring.
The same newsletter also announced opening for Barbary sheep in Morocco.
4177BD0B-9332-4628-B598-0798F0C6F772.png

I just have to say it :LOL:..... quite a few options to hunt Nubian ibex in TEXAS.

In Morocco, the hunt for Barbary Sheep is illegal and is perform with the help of corrupt officials. For Sudan I don't know.

Be careful when booking !

In Morocco, the hunt for Barbary Sheep is illegal and is perform with the help of corrupt officials. For Sudan I don't know.

Be careful when booking !
This is screenshot of their newsletter on Morocco. It’s a highly reputable agency in the United States. They wouldn’t send their clients on illegal hunts. Things change every year.
1FA14AF1-FF7E-4624-A426-34700A3A4081.png

I think it's about the 2 or 3 test hunts that were made in 2021 and where foreign hunters shot Barbary Sheeps.

However, organized hunting for tourists does not yet exist and is also a very controversial topic in Morocco.

I think it's about the 2 or 3 test hunts that were made in 2021 and where foreign hunters shot Barbary Sheeps.

However, organized hunting for tourists does not yet exist and is also a very controversial topic in Morocco.
I'd say play it safe and hunt Texas.

@Jakerthesnaker79 Check this, and read my posts on this link.
So, be careful.

I was on a driven boar hunt in Morocco some years ago. I had the distinct impression that if we met any officials we would have been in ”the big hotel”
shotguns supplied and bundled into the boot of a car every evening.
Still it was very entertaining. We stayed in a marvellous hotel in Taroudant.

What was meant was hunting for Barbary Sheep. Wild boars hunting with a shotgun is something else and possible in Morocco.

I saw on the web and on their YTpage , the only successful outfitter of hunts on Nubian Ibex in Sudan in the last 10 years is the Austrian firm Hunt Geo

I assume we all understand that the Nubian Ibex and Aoudad (Barbary Sheep) are two very different animals and inhabit different regions of the continent.

The Hunting Consortium is one of the most trusted names in the business. I will be curious to see if the Sudanese opportunity for the Nubian Ibex is sustainable.

Saw around a dozen last month in Israel. Would guess the largest billy weighed 100 lbs. First ones I have ever seen.

My understanding is you can't hunt them in Israel.

1654188254642.png

That is very cool.

We were on a Holy Lands trip with a group of 47. Think I was the only one who thought seeing the Nubian ibex was exciting. The rest of the people were, oh neat. The bus kind of slowed down. :cry:

The same group wanted to take photos of hyrax. Probably spent five minutes watching them. It is interesting how hunters view things so differently than most.

That drive up the mountains past the rusted burned out makeshift armored vehicles from '47 is what really caught my eye. Soldiers view things differently as well. :unsure:

I envy you. In probably six trips there over 15 years, I never saw an Ibex.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg