NRA: Does anyone on AH know what is REALLY going on?

I did find odd that Markis was the only hunter on Wild Skies for the past three seasons???

Tony has creative license with respect to his own product. The format of his show is him hunting - and if Africa, usually with the same PH. Years ago, when Botswana was open and Johan Calitz was still guiding, Tony would sometimes include a friend, business associate, or sponsor (for instance Wayne) on the hunt. I never managed to link up with him over there in those days. :cautious: But the format has always centered around Tony as the hunter. In recent years, his PH has been Jacques Hartzenburg with the two of them hunting, primarily buffalo, from the Timbavati to Uganda.

Obviously, with lawsuits now flying back and forth, it is extremely unlikely that Wayne will be welcome again anytime soon.

With all the antigun BS flying around now is not the time to abandon ship. I am a long time life member and support my organization (NRA) even with all it's warts. We need it more now than ever. However, as in any outfit, a good housecleaning is occasionally warranted and now is the time. There will be no loss of capable leadership; there are good people who can step in.

It is, also, our duty to vote. That determines what and who will run the show. If one does not utilize this privilege, one has no one to blame but himself. The problem can be resolved by looking in the mirror and telling that character to do something besides criticizing and sniveling about what's wrong. Apathy is as deadly as all the antigun hype out there and plays right into their hands.

I have one question, out of curiosity.
Does NRA takes overseas shooting clubs as members?

From what I understand, the NRA is insolvent so why do we care if it survives? If it goes away, so do the golden parachutes for LaPierre. A new corporation can be formed as the NRA In its stead with better governance and less bloat.

The argument not to do anything now since it’s an election cycle is moot since the NRA is broke and has high fixed operating costs. Any donations are going to cover those, not political actions supporting 2A.

As a life member since age 18, the NRA is the only organization that has successfully stood up against
the gun confiscation left! Do we need a house cleaning at the NRA, :YES! But if you are a gun owner
you need to say I support the 2nd amendment and if you don't your gun rights will be gone. If you don't like black guns, armed security in our schools, the left constantly trying to stop your right to hunt, systematic trying to brain wash our youth that guns are bad, effectively stopping you from importing your trophies, limiting your right to defend yourself and your family then you go ahead and kill the only organization that has ever stood for your right to "keep and bear arms"
Have they made mistakes, YES! Do we need a house cleaning, YES.
We are our own worst enemies, I've seen the fighting in several local gun clubs between the various shooting disciplines until it destroys the club and local liberals attack it until it is no more!
We need the NRA and we need to bring it back to its goal....to educate and above all else bring us together to successfully oppose those who will take our rights away!

I would give 5 years of my life to set on the board or be CEO of the NRA without compensation! I feel that strongly about my 2nd Amendment rights, I just wish some of you felt that strongly!

Beto and Biden want to take your gun:

From what I understand, the NRA is insolvent so why do we care if it survives? If it goes away, so do the golden parachutes for LaPierre. A new corporation can be formed as the NRA In its stead with better governance and less bloat.

The argument not to do anything now since it’s an election cycle is moot since the NRA is broke and has high fixed operating costs. Any donations are going to cover those, not political actions supporting 2A.

You are rightfully upset. However, don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. It takes time for lobbyists to establish credibility, connections and influence. I spent a lot of time in DC working on the national energy policy in the early 2000’s. I can assure you that if you vaporize an organization like the NRA and put another organization together to take its place, you will lose at least a decade in lobbying effectiveness. If we lose a decade right now we will have nothing left to fight for ten years from now.

Swallow hard, support the NRA, and demand reform. We have to fix this problem from within!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,