Not-so-stinky Sunscreen

Wow, how did 18 months go by so fast?
Seems it was ages ago when I booked my first safari for my son and I, and now, 18 August is knocking on the door. As Willie sang: "Funny How Time Slips Away."
Anywho, sure have learned an awful lot on this forum, feel we're pretty well prepared for the trip, much kudos to all those who post in detail.
Knowing scent is/can be a real killer on stalking the PG that we will be after, is there any specific brand of sunscreen that doesn't leave you smelling like a fresh cut coconut or some tropical Hawaiian flower?
I'm a fair-skinned Finn, and the sun is not my friend.
Got Permethrin and Picaridin for the bugs, and a wide-brimmed hat, but, unsure on what to use for sun protection?
As usual, your suggestions and first-hand knowledge will be much appreciated!
Avon Skin So Soft with bug guard is THE best all around product for these hunts. Insect repellent that even works on tse tse flies plus sunscreen. I'm wheels up for Zim at the end of the Month and I'll have a bottle or two packed,
 
Avon Skin So Soft with bug guard is THE best all around product for these hunts. Insect repellent that even works on tse tse flies plus sunscreen. I'm wheels up for Zim at the end of the Month and I'll have a bottle or two packed,
You have an updated link for this stuff @Philip Glass all the ones that Ive clicked on here are not working. Thanks
 
I get my Avon sunscreen/bug repellent from Amazon.
 
Have any of you guys used both Avon Skin so soft and Bullfrog. If chosing now which would you go for and why? Thanks
 
Have any of you guys used both Avon Skin so soft and Bullfrog. If chosing now which would you go for and why? Thanks
I’ve used both, I prefer Bullfrog with the bug dope in it.after it dries there is no odor and when sweating it doesn’t burn my eyes. I found the Avon to be a little greasy.
For some reason the tetse flies didn’t really care for me but they would drive my PH crazy. I would always spray my pants with a good deet spray for ticks.
 
Wow, how did 18 months go by so fast?
Seems it was ages ago when I booked my first safari for my son and I, and now, 18 August is knocking on the door. As Willie sang: "Funny How Time Slips Away."
Anywho, sure have learned an awful lot on this forum, feel we're pretty well prepared for the trip, much kudos to all those who post in detail.
Knowing scent is/can be a real killer on stalking the PG that we will be after, is there any specific brand of sunscreen that doesn't leave you smelling like a fresh cut coconut or some tropical Hawaiian flower?
I'm a fair-skinned Finn, and the sun is not my friend.
Got Permethrin and Picaridin for the bugs, and a wide-brimmed hat, but, unsure on what to use for sun protection?
As usual, your suggestions and first-hand knowledge will be much appreciated!
Long sleeve shirts.
 
If wearing sunscreen, which I suck at doing and need to get better, but I like SunBum and the mild coconut scent, better than smelling just like bug dope and sweat. I don’t ever worry about smell since even your breath is enough to send game running if the wind is wrong. Coconut and a good cigar might help if anything.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,814
Members
169,418
Latest member
BridgettTr
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top