Non Trophy Elephant Bull Hunt

Are you allowed to take the ivory or is it non-exportable?

As lon mentioned, no ivory or any part of the elephant is exportable. When I shot my non-trophy elephant I got the tail hair made in to bracelets. That was it. Of course I got pictures and memories which were the most important part

As lon mentioned, no ivory or any part of the elephant is exportable. When I shot my non-trophy elephant I got the tail hair made in to bracelets. That was it. Of course I got pictures and memories which were the most important part
Just curious, what happens to the ivory then?

I’m cy
Just curious, what happens to the ivory then?

I’m curious too. I was considering a tuskless for the cost but apparently that’s not exportable either.

I’m cy

I’m curious too. I was considering a tuskless for the cost but apparently that’s not exportable either.
Too bad you couldn’t have a belt made out of the skin?

Yeah I understand the pictures and memories but what about a tangible item from a 10k hunt? It blows my mind.

Yeah I understand the pictures and memories but what about a tangible item from a 10k hunt? It blows my mind.
Maybe they could make a plaster cast from the footprint in the dirt? I don’t know, I’m just grasping at straws here?

I know that some have replicas made. I can understand that....

Maybe they could make a plaster cast from the footprint in the dirt? I don’t know, I’m just grasping at straws here?
There is a company that makes aluminum casts of your elephants footprint.

@Andrew Short
I understand you want the trophy as a reminder but these non-exportable hunts make hunting an elephant (or other species) much more affordable and they are still the same hunt experience.

There is a company that makes aluminum casts of your elephants footprint.

@Andrew Short
I understand you want the trophy as a reminder but these non-exportable hunts make hunting an elephant (or other species) much more affordable and they are still the same hunt experience.
You’re right, They are much much cheaper. If I took a tuskless it’s not a big deal I guess but if someone took a bull I can see where you would want a replica or something tangible.

Tuskless and Own Use Elephant hunts are a manage tool for the community or land owner and an opportunity for people to hunt elephant that can not afford a higher priced hunt. Yes it is 10K+ but that is cheaper than a @25K+ hunt and as many people know a tuskless is probably more exciting and dangerous than a trophy bull elephant hunt.

As far as the Ivory goes, it depends on the country. SOuth AFrica, it goes to the land owner but still can not be sold or exported. Namibia, it goes to the national government stockpile that uses the proceeds as it see fit, not sure about Zim or other countries.

Tuskless and Own Use Elephant hunts are a manage tool for the community or land owner and an opportunity for people to hunt elephant that can not afford a higher priced hunt. Yes it is 10K+ but that is cheaper than a @25K+ hunt and as many people know a tuskless is probably more exciting and dangerous than a trophy bull elephant hunt.

As far as the Ivory goes, it depends on the country. SOuth AFrica, it goes to the land owner but still can not be sold or exported. Namibia, it goes to the national government stockpile that uses the proceeds as it see fit, not sure about Zim or other countries.
I was curious as to what happens to the ivory so that answers that question... I honestly don’t believe in that much government control regarding importantion/exportation if legally hunted/obtained ivory. But hey, Imitbis what it is right now.

I was curious as to what happens to the ivory so that answers that question... I honestly don’t believe in that much government control regarding importantion/exportation if legally hunted/obtained ivory. But hey, Imitbis what it is right now.
You can measure the tusks and have replicas made of those as well. Like everyone else has said, the experience is the same either way, and it's about the only way an average person can afford an Elephant hunt.

You have to understand that the country government has no say. CITIES, an international body, decides how many elephant can be exported. How many CITIES decides is the right number may very well be different than the number that local national government come up with. Thus the own-use permit to manage the population and provide food.

You can measure the tusks and have replicas made of those as well. Like everyone else has said, the experience is the same either way, and it's about the only way an average person can afford an Elephant hunt.
I would definitely have replicas made if i took a bull. My quotes are only for tuskless because getting close sounds exciting!!!
You’re exactly right in regards to affording such a hunt. That’s the only way I can afford such a hunt. Maybe as I age more doors will open!

I would definitely have replicas made if i took a bull. My quotes are only for tuskless because getting close sounds exciting!!!
You’re exactly right in regards to affording such a hunt. That’s the only way I can afford such a hunt. Maybe as I age more doors will open!
But just think how much better the pictures would look with a bull vs an old grandma looking tuskless! Hahaha!

But just think how much better the pictures would look with a bull vs an old grandma looking tuskless! Hahaha!
Oh no doubt!!!
Hahaha or we can just prop up some previous hunters tusks under her trunk!!! It will be like dentures!! Save me some $$ too :E Rofl:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
propercapsules

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!