Newcomer

Banana Moja

Reaction score
Hi to everyone :) Just a quick bit of myself.

30 years of age, never held a rifle until I was 26, that's coz I grew up in Durban and never got into it, however now in Botswana, and hooked crazy into hunting, just love it.

My thoughts about hunting, rifles, ammunition, etc...have actually started to consume my daily life.....not complaining but a little scary.

Anyway nice to be here and happy hunting to all

Welcome to AH Banana Moja! Looking forward to your contribution...

Hunting consuming your life.
You'll fit right in with the rest of the AH ward.

Dive in, you are in a pool of like minded nuts.

Welcome.

Welcome to AH. Love your moniker. Wish I could call myself that but I'm not that good. If you are living in Botswana I am sure you are getting a lot of good hunting in.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Banana Moja! Sorry there's no cure, only treatment is AH and Hunting.

Thanks for the welcoming guys, well I currently have a Sauer 202 Classic in .300 Win Mag, topped with a Zeiss Duralyt, also a .22 LR, and a Blaser R8 in .22-250 (Redfield) , 7X64 (Leica) , and 9.3 x 62 (Aimpoint).

I am waiting for a .243 in the Sauer 202 GTI to come in.

Although I must admit that I am sort of experimenting with calibres and different rifles at the moment and so far what I have realized is that for the type of hunting I am into, I don't mind just having the .243 and .300 Win Mag with premium bullets, especially for close range (Tuli Block) hunting.

Lastly I find that although the Blaser is beautiful in appearance and is dead accurate, for all purposes I would say the Sauer is a much better working rifle.

Anyway different strokes for different fockes I suppose, just my little opinion ;)

, and 9.3 x 62 (Aimpoint).

Lastly I find that although the Blaser is beautiful in appearance and is dead accurate, for all purposes I would say the Sauer is a much better working rifle.

excellent another person with good taste in calibres :beer: but i have to disagree about the looks of blaser rifles i dont like the looks, but as you say each to their own...

Thanks for the welcoming guys, well I currently have a Sauer 202 Classic in .300 Win Mag, topped with a Zeiss Duralyt, also a .22 LR, and a Blaser R8 in .22-250 (Redfield) , 7X64 (Leica) , and 9.3 x 62 (Aimpoint).

I am waiting for a .243 in the Sauer 202 GTI to come in.

Although I must admit that I am sort of experimenting with calibres and different rifles at the moment and so far what I have realized is that for the type of hunting I am into, I don't mind just having the .243 and .300 Win Mag with premium bullets, especially for close range (Tuli Block) hunting.

Anyway different strokes for different fockes I suppose, just my little opinion ;)

That Sauer is a great rifle. I bought one for my son in .375 and it has the large magazine which hold 5 rounds. He'll take it to Moz next summer. I would have to use one a good bit to become comfortable with the safety. That up and down movement is a little counterintuitive for me - but it really shoots. Welcome aboard. Try not to get into wing shooting. Fine shotguns are an equally addictive (and expensive) sickness.

welcome and enjoy the site banana moja

Welcome to the forum. You have quite a good start in you caliber line-up. Agree with spikeT, the Blazer is not my cup of tea, but a lot of guys love them. Regardless, I wish you many years of hunting stories and photos (I got a late start in life also (( as far as the hunting thing goes)). Again welcome to the forum and may you make many a friends here on AH.

Welcome Banana Moja! once those thoughts begin, there is no end to them! which is the best part!

Welcome, you will see you will get use to living with thise thoughts. At first it seems as if it is taking controll of you and then..... Well it does. And you will just follow.

Have a good one
Best Regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg