New trophy room completed!

But a roo skin is still a bucket list item for some (me).

MB
Interesting, we might just take them for granted.
The skins are sometimes process ed/tanned commercially for manufacture. Maybe buy yourself a set of RM Williams boots.
I think you can buy tagged skins at international airports on exiting Australia.
An international hunter might have a little more trouble as they are only harvested commercially.
People take them without permit all the time but you need a tag to posess/export.
Blackfellas can take them as traditional Tucker but the skins etc might come into a grey area if it was in question.
Taxidermist require a permit if you try stuff any native.
A freind in the meat processing business can't even break even on transporting skins at present so they are discarded.
@CBH
There's something a bout a bear skin rug or bed cover that a roo skin can't do.
Bob.
It's the exotic animal Cool Factor.

As Hunters there are different things that appeal. DG also fascinate s me.
 
@CBH
There's something a bout a bear skin rug or bed cover that a roo skin can't do.
Bob.

@Mark B
I'm sure if you spoke to @CBH he would gladly swap you a couple of good roo skins for a bear skin.
Bob
I guess they can be posted with tags in.
 
Interesting, we might just take them for granted.
The skins are sometimes process ed/tanned commercially for manufacture. Maybe buy yourself a set of RM Williams boots.
I think you can buy tagged skins at international airports on exiting Australia.
An international hunter might have a little more trouble as they are only harvested commercially.
People take them without permit all the time but you need a tag to posess/export.
Blackfellas can take them as traditional Tucker but the skins etc might come into a grey area if it was in question.
Taxidermist require a permit if you try stuff any native.
A freind in the meat processing business can't even break even on transporting skins at present so they are discarded.

It's the exotic animal Cool Factor.

As Hunters there are different things that appeal. DG also fascinate s me.
@CBH
Chris I came across a bloke and his wife in my travels that hand made a beautiful roo skin blanket out of discarded skins that were to small for commercial use. It was nice with a mix of blue flyers, greys and reds. Cost them nothing for the skins or tanning or sewing. Finished product was valued at a couple of thousand dollars

The best football boots in the world are made of roo skin as well, soft, strong and durable.
Bob
 
That is one really cool space! I love the fact that it is functional as well as awesome hangout!
congratulations on a very well done trophy room. I am envious!!! :D Cheers:
 
@CBH
There's something a bout a bear skin rug or bed cover that a roo skin can't do.
Bob.

@Mark B
I'm sure if you spoke to @CBH he would gladly swap you a couple of good roo skins for a bear skin.
Bob
Buying goes against my rule. Only in my memory room if I shot or found it. Don't buy anything to mount in room. Just my craziness. Being that they are not legally hunted seams like I will have to go without. Now our black bears are exportable, albeit a Cites species with all that entails.

MB
 
Thought some may find interest in this. I retired 8 months ago after 40 + years as a millwright in saw mills. It's in the trophy room.

20210425_185002.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thought some may find interest in this. I retired 8 months ago after 40 + years as a millwright in saw mills. It's in the trophy room.
@Rick Cox
A hard earned trophy mate well done. Be a bit of a bitch to skin but gutting it easy.
Bob
 
Very Nice.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,321
Messages
1,572,885
Members
169,632
Latest member
CDZKing525
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top