New to me 470 Capstick

Wishfulthinker580

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Picked up this rifle earlier. A-Square Hannibal in 470 Capstick. It came with a 3 die set and 40 rounds. I’ll post better pictures later (these were sent to me by previous owner).
BB6B7470-2BBD-48A0-9853-16D49100E560.jpeg

3D51AF4F-852D-466B-920E-3C537B49CFAE.jpeg

4283DC90-4170-47D9-B77A-D251272FDA6E.jpeg

6907AB45-D486-484B-A195-FDAE54B2B359.jpeg

D16DD595-38CF-4EE3-8C84-E9BD0AA0CEE4.jpeg

AAFD3F84-2C6B-4203-BFFA-72C17E0B3DC6.jpeg

Very nice, had one in 460wby, it shot very well. That stock really teams recoil.
Thank you sir. I’m really looking forward to shooting it. The story on this one is it has upgraded wood and I believe it. I’ll post some more pictures at some point. I don’t have any full power loads yet. It came with 20 rounds of reduced loads- 500 gr DGX at 2150 fps and 20 rounds of 400 gr Hawk HPs at 2300+ fps.

i suspect your reduced loads will kill any thing you point it at!!
I think you’re right lol. It’s funny and a little intimidating that 500 grains at 2150 fps is a reduced load. Those are 470 NE numbers!

Last edited:
Beautiful rifle, nice wood also.!
I am in the process of having one made, barrel will be ready in about one month, P 14 action on hand, as soon barrel ready will go to the gunsmith ....however look like it will not get ready before couple of years, the problem is the chamber reamer... all makers quote 2 years delay to manufacturing one !! Reloading die maybe faster ? I also posted request to find some second hand used reamer and die but no replay...leaving in Canada is little complicate we don't have restrictions bu the item are regulate by USA export licence requirement, i also have USA address to avoid that if some one has or know some one that has them for sale. . I enquire about rental, none available in Canada but i was told by USA supplier is more costly than buying since my gunsmith working time some time much longer and shipping back and for high charges.
Appreciate all help I could get, thanks .
Best Regards, Roberto

Congrats on the new addition!

I am in the process of having one made, barrel will be ready in about one month, P 14 action on hand, as soon barrel ready will go to the gunsmith ....however look like it will not get ready before couple of years, the problem is the chamber reamer... all makers quote 2 years delay to manufacturing one !! Reloading die maybe faster ? I also posted request to find some second hand used reamer and die but no replay...leaving in Canada is little complicate we don't have restrictions bu the item are regulate by USA export licence requirement, i also have USA address to avoid that if some one has or know some one that has them for sale. . I enquire about rental, none available in Canada but i was told by USA supplier is more costly than buying since my gunsmith working time some time much longer and shipping back and for high charges.
Best Regards, Roberto
Thank you sir! I wish I could help with the chamber reamer or dies. I’m very fortunate mine came with dies. Good luck with your build! I hope it’s completed sooner rather than later. Make sure and post pictures when it’s done!

Best Regards, Roberto
I could sell you this one and you would have it a lot quicker!

I could sell you this one and you would have it a lot quicker!
...appreciate Sir : ) but i am to committed now, already paid for barrel, action and wood for stock . But still hope to find reamer and die some how some were !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrederickD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross