New to me 470 Capstick

I was really hoping to hang on to this for a while but we had a financial curveball thrown at us today so the rifle, ammo and dies will be going down the road soon. When you’re trying to buy a house toys are expendable.. :cry:

I was really hoping to hang on to this for a while but we had a financial curveball thrown at us today so the rifle, ammo and dies will be going down the road soon. When you’re trying to buy a house toys are expendable.. :cry:
That sucks, but your priorities are in check. I'm sure another AH member will be very happy to take it off your hands in short order.

Good luck with the sale and on buying a house.

I told my wife I wouldn’t buy any more guns for a year since I spent 10 or 12 grand in the last 8 months on guns. That lasted 2 weeks. Please don’t temp me, I’m very weak.

Still trying to hang on to this one but I’m wondering what other members thoughts and opinions are on re-contouring the stock and maybe installing an ebony forend tip are?

Still trying to hang on to this one but I’m wondering what other members thoughts and opinions are on re-contouring the stock and maybe installing an ebony forend tip are?
If you want to keep the value, purchase a new stock. If you want to keep some of the features of the coil check but modify to your needs, have a stock duplicator make a copy and then do the tweaks! ;)

Not too many Hannibals come up often, you likely can get a fair amount for this now. I'd estimate the rifle alone at 3k minimum, possibly upwards of 5k+ if unaltered.

Before you cut it up look at Boyd’s stocks.

Or sell me that one for my 585.
I think I’ve already made up my mind to keep it as is for the sake of resale value in the event that I do in fact have to sell it.

If I am able to keep it and I decide the coil check stock isn’t right for me I would get a stock from Accurate Innovations because of the chassis in their stocks.

If you want to keep the value, purchase a new stock. If you want to keep some of the features of the coil check but modify to your needs, have a stock duplicator make a copy and then do the tweaks! ;)

Not too many Hannibals come up often, you likely can get a fair amount for this now. I'd estimate the rifle alone at 3k minimum, possibly upwards of 5k+ if unaltered.
You’ve won me over!

The only things I am having done for sure is installing a recoil reducer in the stock and having a new recoil pad put on. The old one is toast

Just in from Canada, eh!
EA04E154-CF4D-4612-A189-809DD2E28D37.jpeg

Thank you sir. I’m really looking forward to shooting it. The story on this one is it has upgraded wood and I believe it. I’ll post some more pictures at some point. I don’t have any full power loads yet. It came with 20 rounds of reduced loads- 500 gr DGX at 2150 fps and 20 rounds of 400 gr Hawk HPs at 2300+ fps.
Those "reduced loads" are about equivalent to a 458 Lott, I believe ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you