• Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 7.38.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 7.38.54 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 7.38.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 7.38.55 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
Might even post a video for entertainment!! :ROFLMAO:

Biggest I’ve shot is the 375 H&H.

I’ll try out the factory A Square ammo- 500 grains at 2400 fps.

That being said I don’t expect it to be too horrific given the stock design, recoil pad size, lop and weight. Also with the scout scope I won’t be thinking about a potential Weatherby kiss.
Just put 20 thru my A2 460 wby Friday. First shot offhand was in the 3" bull at 100 yards with the 2x Leupold. 50 yard bay was packed, but ultimately very happy with the results at 100y.

Rest either hit bull or stayed within 6". 50/50 mixed offhand & sticks. Getting ready for the Save with Wayne this August. Absolutely LOVE that coil check stock.

Shot the Browning BAR in 458 as well...that thing is a trip...

Might even post a video for entertainment!! :ROFLMAO:

Biggest I’ve shot is the 375 H&H.

I’ll try out the factory A Square ammo- 500 grains at 2400 fps.

That being said I don’t expect it to be too horrific given the stock design, recoil pad size, lop and weight. Also with the scout scope I won’t be thinking about a potential Weatherby kiss.

Now that you have provided a place to buy ammo... might need to make a call to Palehorse Zero and get their thoughts on one for an R8. I really like my 458Lott. Not sure a 470 would do anything better.

I'm betting with the weight of the rifle and the design of the stock. You are going to be happy.

Just put 20 thru my A2 460 wby Friday. First shot offhand was in the 3" bull at 100 yards with the 2x Leupold. 50 yard bay was packed, but ultimately very happy with the results at 100y.

Rest either hit bull or stayed within 6". 50/50 mixed offhand & sticks. Getting ready for the Save with Wayne this August. Absolutely LOVE that coil check stock.

Shot the Browning BAR in 458 as well...that thing is a trip...
The Leupold on mine is a fixed 2x as well. Planning on shooting offhand only during the introduction stage.

Looking forward to reading your report! I really like the feel of the coil check stock.

That BAR sounds like a blast!

Now that you have provided a place to buy ammo... might need to make a call to Palehorse Zero and get their thoughts on one for an R8. I really like my 458Lott. Not sure a 470 would do anything better.

I'm betting with the weight of the rifle and the design of the stock. You are going to be happy.
That would be cool. I think @Glenn Slaven did the same for his R8?

I think so too. I know people think they’re clunky but like I said in my last post the stock feels great to me.

I

will probably won’t happen for a while as I have everything have a 458 602 barrel for a 450 rigby build. And just got 40 cases.
And about the ammo I’m from Australia and I’ll just reload like I do for every odd cartidge I have. That’s like 80% of my rifles
That’ll be a cool build too. Sent you a PM

Just spoke with BACO on the phone and they have something like 1100 pieces of this brass left…

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 7.51.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 7.51.58 AM.png
    951.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 7.52.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 7.52.03 AM.png
    494.1 KB · Views: 36
Just spoke with BACO on the phone and they have something like 1100 pieces of this brass left…
So I just got my 100 pieces I ordered Thursday. 99 pieces with no head stamp and 1 piece with proper head stamp… Plenty of practice brass lol!!

I knew there was a possibility that that may happen as the ad states some do not have head stamp and you can’t pick and choose. Didn’t know it was going to be that uneven though haha. You win some and you loose some..

So I just got my 100 pieces I ordered Thursday. 99 pieces with no head stamp and 1 piece with proper head stamp… Plenty of practice brass lol!!

I knew there was a possibility that that may happen as the ad states some do not have head stamp and you can’t pick and choose. Didn’t know it was going to be that uneven though haha. You win some and you loose some..
Do you know what bell brass compares to in quality? Hornady or Norma?

I’m sorry to say that I do not. Hopefully someone that does will chime in
Bell brass is very good.
Bell became, Mast, jamison. I use jamison brass on my 505 gibbs. So for 6 reloads Brass is holding up very good.
Krish

I got some after reading your post. Out of 100 only two were with no head stamp. Lucky I guess.
Krish

I used Jamison in my 500 Jeffery. I also have a hundred cases of Norma for my 500 Jeffery which I have not used yet (don't want to run out) lol

I had bell brass several years ago. It was very thin. It also seemed brittle. Maybe someone knows more.

I had bell brass several years ago. It was very thin. It also seemed brittle. Maybe someone knows more.
You must have gotten a bad batch. Every one of mine for 505 gibbs, 404 jeffery, 470 capstic are very fine.
Krish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,