New Member

Well good day sir. I hope all is well in your part of the world. This forum I have only been apart of in less than 24 hrs and it is amazing. Great people.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome from Georgia, USA!

CZ 550's in .416 Rigby pop up from time to time on gunbroker.com.

I have one.
I love it!

My wife gave it to me 17 years ago as my 40th birthday present. I took a good buffalo and a baboon with it last August in Mozambique. (Both my PH and the assistant PH loved the CZ 550. My PH had one in 458 Lott. The PH in training was waiting on one in .375 H&H )

I was able to find good deals on ammo on gunbroker.

There seems to be a bunch of Hornady haters out there, but my PH told me that he had never seen bad performance on game with it, and it tends to be much cheaper than anything else you will find in the US.

My CZ shot solid and expanding Hornady loads, much more consistently (same point of impact) than any other brand of factory ammo that I experimented with.

My buffalo dropped within 20 yards, when I made an 80-yard heart shot through scattered brush with a DGX.

Feel free to PM me, if you have questions.
 
If a CZ 550 in .416 Rigby doesn't come along, just buy a new Winchester Model model 70 in .375, .416 Remington or .458 and you will still be just fine.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH and the posting side! This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!

If you are interested in our services please do not hesitate to contact us.
 
Welcome @Gluff to AH a finer group of folks has not been assembled on the inter web. Tons of knowledge here, all you need to do is ask, hell sometimes you don’t even need to ask before someone will learn you something! The 416 Rigby is a wonderful cartridge, you will enjoy it
 
Welcome to AH Gluff!
 
Welcome to Africa Hunting. Lots of great information and advice.
 
Welcome to the African Hunting addiction group....cost of joining is a hunt report from your first safari.
 
Gluff, easily 4 or 5, then you have to anneal to get more.
 
Hello to all I am a new member in the group.
my first time to Africa was last year, and it was amazing. I am currently looking for a 416 Rigby. I live in Indiana. I am booking another hunt for 2024 and looking to bag a buff. I was introduced to the 416 in Africa it was a cz 550. I would love to purchase one of these rifles, does anyone have any leads?
Welcome to AH
 
welcome welcome welcome
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,338
Messages
1,573,297
Members
169,736
Latest member
FernKon189
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top