Gluff

AH member
Reaction score
Hello to all I am a new member in the group.
my first time to Africa was last year, and it was amazing. I am currently looking for a 416 Rigby. I live in Indiana. I am booking another hunt for 2024 and looking to bag a buff. I was introduced to the 416 in Africa it was a cz 550. I would love to purchase one of these rifles, does anyone have any leads?

Hello Gluff,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

www.GunsInternational.com occasionally shows CZ 550 Magnum rifles for sale, in various calibers, listed by various licensed dealers and / or private individuals.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Thank you sir, I appreciate the introduction and welcome to this wonderful forum.

Gluff, welcome to the AH forum! So another has become addicted to the lure of Africa…LOL! She certainly has a way of doing it to all.
Best of luck finding you a 416 Rigby!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard Gluff. You already know how much fun hunting Africa can be. I'm sure that the thought of having a Buff. on tap for your next trip brings smiles rather than frowns. Re: a 416 Rigby, keep your eyes on the Classified Section. They appear quite often. There is another similar caliber that will float your boat as well. That being the 404 Jeffery. I never heard of it till I joined AH. Now I own two, as well as one in 416 Rigby.

Gluff, welcome to the AH forum! So another has become addicted to the lure of Africa…LOL! She certainly has a way of doing it to all.
Best of luck finding you a 416 Rigby!
Thank you so much. My first trip was to SA…Limpopo area absolutely fell in love with it. Once you go you must go back. Killed kudu, zebra, warthog, 10 different animals in all…. what a hunt. That is all my wife has heard about for the last year. I literally can not wait for my next hunt.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome aboard Gluff. You already know how much fun hunting Africa can be. I'm sure that the thought of having a Buff. on tap for your next trip brings smiles rather than frowns. Re: a 416 Rigby, keep your eyes on the Classified Section. They appear quite often. There is another similar caliber that will float your boat as well. That being the 404 Jeffery. I never heard of it till I joined AH. Now I own two, as well as one in 416 Rigby.
That is very interesting, I am going have to check out some of the ballistics on the 404. Definitely new to Africa hunting. How is cartridge availability in the states? 416 Rigby seems to be a little hard to come by. Online seems to be the best place.

Hello Gluff,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

www.GunsInternational.com occasionally shows CZ 550 Magnum rifles for sale, in various calibers, listed by various licensed dealers and / or private individuals.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
I just seen one online and I am contacting an FFL. It is thru a gun&pawn.

I just seen one online and I am contacting an FFL. It is thru a gun&pawn.
I am new to forums, this is my first one to be apart of. I am not to tech savvy. Still learning ropes.

Giday Gluff. Welcome to the A H forums

Gluff, as far as ammo availability is concerned, online is about the only way you can go. Out West and or in Alaska there may be a few shops that have 375 H&H on hand. Big bore ammo is expensive, for that reason I reload.

Gluff, as far as ammo availability is concerned, online is about the only way you can go. Out West and or in Alaska there may be a few shops that have 375 H&H on hand. Big bore ammo is expensive, for that reason I reload.
That is another thing i’ve started to look into, how many shots can you get out of one piece of brass?

G'day from Australia

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northerngos

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.