TD 0311

Reaction score
Member of
NAHC, BTB
Hello from Colorado. I was surfing the web looking for info on Africa and came across this sight. I am a Marine Vet, 88-92, and am planning my first hunting trip to Africa in June or July with my 12 yr old son. I've been talking to Cabelas Outdoor Adventures, and would be interested in any recommendations of other reputable travel services that can help plan the entire trip and assist us in the case of troubles while traveling. I am looking at hunting in South Africa or Namibia for plains game. My son is most interested in Kudu, Zebra, Gemsbok, and Impala. Look forward to any pointers from those of you Africa vets can give me. Thanks, for any help. Semper Fi. Trent

Trent, Welcome to AH. I am sure all the US members here will be more then happy to share their advice and experience on hunting in Africa.

Cheers

Hi Trent, Welcome to AH. Iam sure you will be able to get a mountain of information form this forum.
I have sent you a PM.
Kind regards from Namibia
Margie

Trent welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH.
Look on the site you have lots to read.
Lori can help you with travel.
(click on the travel button on the right side.)

Ask questions and you will get answers.

Welcome to the forum, Trent !

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH TD 0311!

Welcome to AH, Trent. This is a great place to pick up information. Kowas Hunting Safaris in Namibia (they are in the outfitters' section) offer a very interesting First African Safari package that I have been seriously considering for my first safari. Good luck, and enjoy whatever trip you choose.

Hi Trent,
Welcome to the forum. My apologies for the late welcome. I am currently in New Zealand. Did a bit of marketing and was lucky enough to hunt for two days. Got myself a nice Bull Tahr , of which I will post the report once I get back in a couple of days.
Hope you enjoy your stay and please dont hesitate to ask any questions regarding a trip to Africa.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

Hi Trent,

Welcome! My wife & I had a great hunt in Namibia (hartebeest,zebra,wildebeest,gemsbok...) last summer with a young PH who grew up on a Namibian ranch, His wife is a travel agent who plans tours/fishing/air travel, airport p/u, etc. etc. They work together as a team to do it all... I even got to do some "volunteer service" for the Namibian Defense Forces (their military)...seems a company of soldiers were stationed nearby & running low on meat, so the rancher donated an entire giraffe, which I got to stalk/shoot at zero charge! Feel free to talk/email w/Christi & Velia Liebenberg (christi@hatari.com.na)

Also check out their website-- www.hatari.com.na Don't feel obligated re: listed pkgs/prices, Chrisiti knows loads of ranchers and will work with you...Tell him Joe & Ruthie say hello...

Dear TD0311
We are always just one e-mail or phone call away to assist with your safari planning. If you indicate to us the following, then we could compile a quotation for you and your son:
- qty hunting days;
- wish list of each hunter;
- any packages you might be intersted;
- any photographic safari planning
Enjoy planning your safari...it is part of the safari!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg