New member

WST416

AH senior member
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
97
Reaction score
18
Member of
SCI, Member of Denver SCI chapter, DU
Hunted
US,Canada,Argentina,Botswana,South Africa
Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself. My is Will and I live in Colorado. I've been an avid hunter and into shooting sports as long as I can remember. I have been enjoying this site as a guest for a while now and decided to become a member. The thing I like about this site is the knowledge, politeness and respect between members on this forum. I look forward to now being a member and part of the discussions.
 
KNOWLEDGE, POLITENESS and RESPECT. You are absolutely right.

Welcome to a great site
 
Welcome to AH Will! Thanks for the kind words, I couldn't agree more about the great members that we have here and glad you decided to join in. I'd like to hear about your Rhino from your avatar.
 
I thought the same things about AH members which is why I just joined myself. Welcome.
 
Welcome Will to AH!
 
KNOWLEDGE, POLITENESS and RESPECT. You are absolutely right.

Welcome to a great site

+1

Hi Will,
Welcome to the forum. Great bunch of guys and gals on here, and as you said an absolute pleasure to be apart of.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen
 
Hi will welcome, looking forward to your input. Enjoy the site.
Johan
 
Welcome to the forum Will good to have you on board!

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen
 
Welcome to the forum, Will
 
Thanks everybody for the welcome. Jerome the rhino hunt was a green hunt with Abie Steyn of Steyn Safaris. Abie runs a great operation. This hunt took place a few years ago and I used a gun that used a 22 blank to fire the dart. Let's just say range wasn't it's strong suit. I'm sure there are better or more advanced versions out there now. This hunt was much more challenging than I thought it would be. The area we hunted was very large and made for very wild and skittish rhinos. When you have a client, PH, trackers, veterinarian, and a few more sneaking to close range to make sure the dart does its job it becomes rather tricky, especially in swirling winds. The rhino may have poor eye sight but it makes up for it in sense of smell and hearing. In the end if all goes well the hunter and the rhino walk away, the hunter with a new experience and the rhino hopefully to produce more offspring so our future sportsmen will have a chance at this opportunity as well. In the end this is a win for Africa and hunters the world over.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to AH Will You've joined a great site.
 
Welcome aboard Will. Nice to see you join the site.

nd
 
Welcome.
Your hunting instinct is right on; you caught on to the major themes that everyone enjoys and maintains here. PH's to rookies.
I too would like to hear about that Rhino!!!!
Bigger pictures and stories......
Leeukop has another one for you right now. :)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,323
Messages
1,572,906
Members
169,637
Latest member
HalOsulliv
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top