Tennessean

Reaction score
Member of
NRA
Howdy Folks,

New member to the forum but I have lurked here and read any time I wanted reliable information regarding hunting in Africa. I have spent the better part of my life reading Ruark, Hemingway and Capstick with my desire to experience Africa growing with each story. I have now reached a point where I am on the downslope of a 30 year career in Law Enforcement and have decided that as a retirement gift to myself I will travel to Africa with my two kids, who will both be in their early 20's by then. I have hunted all of my life including whitetail, elk, mule deer, upland and small game.
It is more than a hunt that I desire. I long to hear a lion as I lay in a camp cot, see an elephant and rhino, smell the smoke, breathe the air and listen to the stories of those who came before me.
I have plenty of time (9 years) to plan and save and have told my kids that I would pay for the trip, minus their trophy fees and costs associated with taxidermy.
I just purchased a Whitworth in 375 H&H which will be modified for reliability and fit personally to me. My second rifle will be my trusted Winchester 70 in 30-06. Plains game my son and me and a camera for my daughter. Mostly though, I desire, or rather, need to hunt a Cape Buffalo.
I care little about trophies but I do want the experience and memory of hunting one of the old dugga boys. I want to feel the adrenaline once again, to feel alive once more as the twilight of my life begins and age demands it's toll.
Thank you all for the stories and information that I have read on these pages. As the time nears I am sure that I will solicit more specific information. In the meantime, please stay safe and enjoy your lives to the fullest.

Cheers,
Chad

Welcome to AH Chad! Great intro and nice of you to join us on the posting side.

Welcome to AH and enjoy the planning of your hunt!

Welcome to the dark side, enjoy the planning it's half the fun

Welkom

Chad, you and your kids are going to have a grand experience! Personally having waited until my twilight years to go to Africa, I’d highly recommend you try to get there sooner than later. The world seems to be changing at an exponential pace and you never know what is lurking in the future.

Very nice intro! Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard
Planning the trip and subsequent one is fun and very enjoyable.

I am seeing a pattern that reveals that one trip to Africa just won't do. Maybe do a plains game with the kids before retirement followed by buff on my own after retirement. Seems like sound advice Ridewalker. Thank you.

Welcome to AH, Chad!

Welcome to AH Chad. Ridgewalker is right. You never know what the future may bring. Go as soon as you can.
As cos said, planning is half the fun. But be forewarned, hunting Africa and especially buffalo is VERY addictive!
Thank you for your service in law enforcement.

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to AH, Tennessean. I think you'll find every answer to your questions for your first trip, as I have. You made an excellent choice.

Giday Chad and welcome to the A H forums. Your intro is a great read.

Hi Chad, welcome back !

Welcome to this great forum Chad! Enjoy the site!

Welcome aboard Chad. Sounds like you have a dream and a plan to make it happen. Continued reading on AH and stoking the Piggy Bank will insure that you get what you are looking for.

Welcome to the family and the forum Chad, you are in the right place! Looking forward to you sharing your stories!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg