New Member--Overdue Post

Scooch

Reaction score
Hi all,

Despite just joining now, I've been reading through AfricaHunting forums for awhile now and have only good things to say. I'm a California native who will be moving to South Africa in September 2017 so I'm sure I'll be turning to this sight more and more as time goes on. That said, I'm very much looking forward to continuing to develop my knowledge base so I can become a halfway decent SA hunter.

A big shout out to Tootabi Hunting Safaris for a great intro to SA hunting and introducing me to this site. I'll never forget that first animal they put me on:)

Regards from CA,
Scott

Welcome Scooch, both to AH and SA. I did the move in 2004 from Sweden to South Africa and haven't looked back.
Where in SA will you live?

//Gus

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH, Scott !

we moved from the republic of calif to idaho in 2007,you got us beat,south africa,great move.

Welcome to the posting side.

California is the over-crowded dungeon of a giant, cruel tax ogre, from which decent people should make every effort to escape.

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome!

Welcome to AH Scott. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.

Happy to have you. Good luck in SA

Welcome to AH. If you are planning to take a number of firearms to SA I suggest you contact Henry Durrheim at henry@riflepermits.com He will help you through the firearm importation process.

Welcome to the family Scott!

Welcome to AH Scott! Glad you decided to join the conversation and all the best with your move.

It's time you joined the Dark Side, Welcome

Wow--that's a lot of greetings! Thanks all.

Well long story short, my wife's folks are moving out to SA from Germany (her dad is originally from Namibia), so we've decided to throw some roots there ourselves. We're moving to Jeffreys Bay which is about an hour and a half from her parents, but between the two households, I hope to have the freezers stocked year round--something that's pretty hard hunting public lands like I'm doing now. I will miss CA, but I'm very much so looking forward to this new adventure of ours...the animals being a big part of that.

Again, thanks to everyone for the greetings, and thanks to Shootist43 for the reference. I'll have temporary residency for the first 2ish years I'm there so I'm eager to find out if I'll have to take my guns out of the country every 6 months like the laws seem to state. I'm hoping there's a way around this though...

-Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross