Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Welcome to AH, I would get a CZ 550 or a Win Model 70.

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Welcome aboard, if AK is a given then rifles with laminated and or fiberglass/plastic stocks with stainless barrels should be at the top of your list. Winchesters in that configuration are probably more available. Does your daughter already have her rifle? If not, what is she considering?

Last edited:

postoak

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life member NRA
Hunted
U.S.A., R.S.A, Namibia
Just as the Browning X-bolt is light for caliber, the Weatherby Vanguard is heavy for caliber. Not so good on a .270, but excellent choice for a .375 H&H. Their synthetic stock model (which you want for Alaska) is only $799. This has to be one of the best bargains out there.

You can see here the 3 different .375s offered in the Vanguard. Note that these are retail prices. You can usually get them at a substantial discount from that.

http://www.weatherby.com/products/rifles/vanguard.html?caliber=40

Attachments

• Screenshot (330).png
    Screenshot (330).png
    137.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

meigsbucks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA Life Member
Hunted
Zimbabwe and Namibia
Welcome to AH. My .375 is an old Sako AV. I've shot a CZ and it is a decent rifle at a decent price. However the 25" barrel is a little long. Look at Montana Rifles, an improved M70 clone. I have a couple of their rifles and love them.

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Welcome, I bought a CZ 550 in 2012 that has been to Southern Africa 3 times and has done me well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeriMacDon

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...