New Member, Need Advice on .375!

Welcome to AH, I would get a CZ 550 or a Win Model 70.

Welcome aboard, if AK is a given then rifles with laminated and or fiberglass/plastic stocks with stainless barrels should be at the top of your list. Winchesters in that configuration are probably more available. Does your daughter already have her rifle? If not, what is she considering?

Last edited:
Just as the Browning X-bolt is light for caliber, the Weatherby Vanguard is heavy for caliber. Not so good on a .270, but excellent choice for a .375 H&H. Their synthetic stock model (which you want for Alaska) is only $799. This has to be one of the best bargains out there.

You can see here the 3 different .375s offered in the Vanguard. Note that these are retail prices. You can usually get them at a substantial discount from that.

http://www.weatherby.com/products/rifles/vanguard.html?caliber=40

Attachments

• Screenshot (330).png
    Screenshot (330).png
    137.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Welcome to AH. My .375 is an old Sako AV. I've shot a CZ and it is a decent rifle at a decent price. However the 25" barrel is a little long. Look at Montana Rifles, an improved M70 clone. I have a couple of their rifles and love them.

Welcome, I bought a CZ 550 in 2012 that has been to Southern Africa 3 times and has done me well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg