New member from Texas

Crozierk

New member
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
6
Reaction score
32
Location
Aubrey Tx
Media
12
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Member of
Ducks Unlimited
Hey everyone. I think I may have been fortunate to win a 5 day plains game hunt in South Africa this morning. Still working out details but looks like it's actually happening! Been doing some research and ended up here, looking forward to finding more good info!
 
Welcome to AH. I hope your hunt turns out to be a winner.
 
Welcome to AH Crozierk! Congratulations on your win.
 
Welcome aboard! Congrats on winning a hunt!
 
Thanks! Out of curiosity, are any of you familiar with ka maoto safaris? That's the property I won the hunt with. Ran some forum searches but couldn't find anything.
 
Welcome aboard Crozierk. AH is the best site on the net for anyone interested in hunting and or shooting.
I'm not familiar with your outfitter. If you can't find anything on your own I'd suggest you ask them for references.
 
One of the facebook or hunting forum "drawings" ?
There is lots of info here about all sorts of subjects and this might fall into one of them. Read, read and read more- after that you can begin asking the outfitters the questions you'll really need/want to know.
Texas is big? What part ?

these may be of interest as they generally fit your situation

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/your-thoughts-free-daily-rates.41820

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/experience-value-versus-cost.35190

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/is-a-auction-hunt-really-worth-the-savings.28121/#post-260740
 
Last edited:
Welcome to AH sir!
 
Welcome another Texan... I always joke you can tell what state someone is from by their accent...In texas you can tell what part of the state
 
Welcome and you’ve come to the right place!
 
Welcome. Glad to have another Texan.
 
Crozierk, welcome to the forum. I’m originally from Texas, but left in 1976. I still miss it.
Here’s wishing you a grand safari! Practice at every opportunity shooting off sticks. Set them up with your gun down and start counting. 5 seconds to mount, aim and shoot.
 
Thanks all! I haven't done shooting like what I'll be doing in Africa, off sticks, the outfitter rep. told me to get comfortable out to 250 yards, which for a hill country hunter used to shooting 80 yards with a 30-30 is a little different. Africa has always been a dream though, really eager to go.
 
Welcome to AH Crozierk! Congrat! If you have any questions just fire away.
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Welcome! I know a few things about them
 
Hey everyone. I think I may have been fortunate to win a 5 day plains game hunt in South Africa this morning. Still working out details but looks like it's actually happening! Been doing some research and ended up here, looking forward to finding more good info!

Welcome and enjoy.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,270
Messages
1,571,240
Members
169,298
Latest member
MiloSchube
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top