New member from Montana

OLB

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hello from Montana. I've been reading and getting information here for some time. And I can't say Thank You enough! You gents have given us a ton of help. My son and I are going to SA in September for plains game each plus a Buffalo for myself. We went to the SCI convention in Vegas and that helped a lot. Talked to a lot of outfitters and also went to Craig Boddingtons first time safari class. We have booked our hunt thru Ed at EAI Outdoor Adventures. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to AH, best forum going for finding information on hunting Africa. Make sure you take a journal to document your safari. Will be watching for a report on your return.

Reactions: OLB
Welcome to AH OLB! Congratulations on pulling the trigger on Africa.

Welcome to the posting side of AH.
Keep reading and you will learn plenty.

Welcome to AH OLB! Congratulations on pulling the trigger on Africa.

Jerome maybe you can answer a question for us please. Is it true that the headstamp on a cartridge case has to match the stamping on the rifle ? My son has a 35 Griffin & Howe Imp. that he wants to use for plains game and i use 340 Weatherby brass to make his cases. I have a 450 G&A that i want to use for my Buffalo and i use 375 Dakota brass for that. Thanks Wally

Giday OLB. Welcome to the A H forums

I will say that matching correctly the proper ammunition to your rifle is crucial. As I do not alter cases nor reload some here will be in a better position to answer your question.

I will say that matching correctly the proper ammunition to your rifle is crucial. As I do not alter cases nor reload some here will be in a better position to answer your question.

Thank You

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH.

Are you going to KUBUSI Safaris, Grahamstown?

PE to Grahamstown is about a1 to 2 hour drive.

The crew at KUBUSI Safaris/Tuskers Lodge are great. You get a chance to meet and see Danwyn and his crew and their taxidermy work there on the grounds. Top notch work.

Themba (Timba) was my PH in 2017, and in 2018 and 2021 I had Piet (Pete) as my PH and Lloyd is Piet's tracker. Great folks.

What PG animals are you and your son going after?

PE to Grahamstown is about a1 to 2 hour drive.

The crew at KUBUSI Safaris/Tuskers Lodge are great. You get a chance to meet and see Danwyn and his crew and their taxidermy work there on the grounds. Top notch work.

Themba (Timba) was my PH in 2017, and in 2018 and 2021 I had Piet (Pete) as my PH and Lloyd is Piet's tracker. Great folks.

What PG animals are you and your son going after?

Kudu, Blesbuck, Springbuck, Impala and Warthog.

Jerome maybe you can answer a question for us please. Is it true that the headstamp on a cartridge case has to match the stamping on the rifle ? My son has a 35 Griffin & Howe Imp. that he wants to use for plains game and i use 340 Weatherby brass to make his cases. I have a 450 G&A that i want to use for my Buffalo and i use 375 Dakota brass for that. Thanks Wally
The case caliber headstamp and rifle caliber stamp has to match. If not, plenty of hot water.

The case caliber headstamp and rifle caliber stamp has to match. If not, plenty of hot water.

Thank You !! My son has other options for plains game and I have a 450/400 for Buffalo so we are covered. We just really wanted to use those rifles. It's going to be the hunt of a lifetime !!! I've been dreaming about Africa forever and my Son and his Wife are taking me on my dream hunt.

Last edited:
Thank You !! My son has other options for plains game and I have a 450/400 for Buffalo so we are covered. We just really wanted to use those rifles. It's going to be the hunt of a lifetime !!! I've been dreaming about Africa forever and my Son and his Wife are taking me on my dream hunt.
Its a pleasure. I am not sure about "it's going to be a hunt of a lifetime", as once the Africa bug has bitten you, it wont stop :D Cheers:(But I am sure it will be most remembered as you first African Safari):giggle: . This time its RSA, next time its Namibia then who knows, Zim or Zambia.
But most of all, have fun. I wish you both the best of luck.

Hello and welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg