New member from Dallas, TX

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Tony from Dallas, TX. I have been big game hunting out west for a few years now and an avid whitetail hunter. I have always interested in planning a hunting trip to Africa one day to hunt Cape buffalo; among other various African species. I’m 41 and I feel the need to start planning for that trip sooner than later :) I love the outdoors, stay fit and active, and have a love for magnum calibers. Being a magnum lover seems not to register with deer hunters where I’m originally from lol! Just a matter of opinion I guess. ;) Anyways, I’m really looking for my first big bore rifle and already have a 300 win mag and 375 H&H. I’m really looking for a Winchester model 70 in 416 Remington but if anyone can think of a better cartridge please feel free to share. :) I’m glad to be here and I’ve read some really great info already on this forum. Lots of great people that like to share knowledge and wisdom. Say hello and I appreciate all the information passed my way. Thanks again!

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Tony, welcome to the AH forum! Lots of great information here to get you to Africa. But I‘ll warn you, it’s highly addictive! Enjoy the journey!

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Welcome to AH! I would greatly encourage you to attend the DSC convention in February. Presuming Covid doesn’t affect the show, there will be lots of AHers there.

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Howdy!

thriller

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NWTF, NRA, DU, SCI and QDMA
Hunted
Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX and NC
Hello everyone,

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Tony from Dallas, TX. I have been big game hunting out west for a few years now and an avid whitetail hunter. I have always interested in planning a hunting trip to Africa one day to hunt Cape buffalo; among other various African species. I’m 41 and I feel the need to start planning for that trip sooner than later :) I love the outdoors, stay fit and active, and have a love for magnum calibers. Being a magnum lover seems not to register with deer hunters where I’m originally from lol! Just a matter of opinion I guess. ;) Anyways, I’m really looking for my first big bore rifle and already have a 300 win mag and 375 H&H. I’m really looking for a Winchester model 70 in 416 Remington but if anyone can think of a better cartridge please feel free to share. :) I’m glad to be here and I’ve read some really great info already on this forum. Lots of great people that like to share knowledge and wisdom. Say hello and I appreciate all the information passed my way. Thanks again!
Welcome to AH

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Welcome aboard!

Mark Biggerstaff

Silver supporter
Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Welcome aboard! Plenty of us here from Texas and quiet a few in your area.

Uncle Sauce

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
GOA, RMGO, FRGC, SCI, DSC
Hunted
US: CO, ID, MT, NY, OR, VA, WA, WY
Welcome to AH t-rags!

chashardy

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Tony,
Welcome from another Dallas member. I started with a 300 winmag and 375 H&H and recently bought a 416 Rigby which I will use next year on a buffalo in SA.

BWH

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, Texas Trophy Hunters, Trout Unlimited, SCI, DSC & NRA
Hunted
USA & RSA
Howdy from the NTX!

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
Welcome to our forum Tony!

DriveByGuy

AH member
Reaction score
Welcome, friend! I too am from the DFW area, and just joined. Like yourself, I’ve done a little hunting in Texas, but am looking to head across the Atlantic and experience what Africa has to offer.

May I ask where on earth you hunt whitetail at here in Texas? My hunting here has been restricted to public land, which only allows shotguns. I’m guessing you own a sizable crop east or south of Dallas? Must be nice!

Alaska Luke

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
Texas, Arkansas, Alaska
Welcome aboard. This is a great place to pick up knowledge and here fascinating stories. Count yourself a lucky man to live there. Texas will always have a special place in my heart.

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Welcome to AH

jasyblood

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
USA, RSA(Limpopo x 4, Eastern Cape x 1, Northern Cape x 1, Northwest x 2), Hungary, Serbia, Zimbabwe
Welcome!

Reaction score
Welcome to AH! I would greatly encourage you to attend the DSC convention in February. Presuming Covid doesn’t affect the show, there will be lots of AHers there.
I will be there for sure! :) i went last year and had a blast; woudl'nt miss it for the world. I would love to meet up with some like-minded individuals this year! :)

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
I will be there for sure! :) i went last year and had a blast; woudl'nt miss it for the world. I would love to meet up with some like-minded individuals this year! :)

Due to Covid, our annual dinner at Gilleys is on hold, but we will hopefully have it. Stay tuned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CXCMicah4

Latest profile posts

Rickmt wrote on Justbryan's profile.
What is your new shorter rifle? Thanx Bryan !
raamw wrote on neckdeep's profile.
Supply your address so I can get shipping Paypal Friend (no ) fee) is fine
Viral_SIGness wrote on Rifle57's profile.
Great person to deal with. Fast communication and quick shipper!
Sarg wrote on Philippe's profile.
Hello Philippe, did you get my PM that I sent you earlier ?

Regards Mark
raamw wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Can you advise me to properly post pix, sometimes I get it right sometimes not