New member from Dallas, TX

t-rags

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
DSC
Hello everyone,

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Tony from Dallas, TX. I have been big game hunting out west for a few years now and an avid whitetail hunter. I have always interested in planning a hunting trip to Africa one day to hunt Cape buffalo; among other various African species. I’m 41 and I feel the need to start planning for that trip sooner than later :) I love the outdoors, stay fit and active, and have a love for magnum calibers. Being a magnum lover seems not to register with deer hunters where I’m originally from lol! Just a matter of opinion I guess. ;) Anyways, I’m really looking for my first big bore rifle and already have a 300 win mag and 375 H&H. I’m really looking for a Winchester model 70 in 416 Remington but if anyone can think of a better cartridge please feel free to share. :) I’m glad to be here and I’ve read some really great info already on this forum. Lots of great people that like to share knowledge and wisdom. Say hello and I appreciate all the information passed my way. Thanks again!

Tony, welcome to the AH forum! Lots of great information here to get you to Africa. But I‘ll warn you, it’s highly addictive! Enjoy the journey!

Welcome to AH! I would greatly encourage you to attend the DSC convention in February. Presuming Covid doesn’t affect the show, there will be lots of AHers there.

Howdy!

Hello everyone,

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Tony from Dallas, TX. I have been big game hunting out west for a few years now and an avid whitetail hunter. I have always interested in planning a hunting trip to Africa one day to hunt Cape buffalo; among other various African species. I’m 41 and I feel the need to start planning for that trip sooner than later :) I love the outdoors, stay fit and active, and have a love for magnum calibers. Being a magnum lover seems not to register with deer hunters where I’m originally from lol! Just a matter of opinion I guess. ;) Anyways, I’m really looking for my first big bore rifle and already have a 300 win mag and 375 H&H. I’m really looking for a Winchester model 70 in 416 Remington but if anyone can think of a better cartridge please feel free to share. :) I’m glad to be here and I’ve read some really great info already on this forum. Lots of great people that like to share knowledge and wisdom. Say hello and I appreciate all the information passed my way. Thanks again!
Welcome to AH

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard! Plenty of us here from Texas and quiet a few in your area.

Welcome to AH t-rags!

Tony,
Welcome from another Dallas member. I started with a 300 winmag and 375 H&H and recently bought a 416 Rigby which I will use next year on a buffalo in SA.

Howdy from the NTX!

Giday Tony and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to our forum Tony!

Welcome, friend! I too am from the DFW area, and just joined. Like yourself, I’ve done a little hunting in Texas, but am looking to head across the Atlantic and experience what Africa has to offer.

May I ask where on earth you hunt whitetail at here in Texas? My hunting here has been restricted to public land, which only allows shotguns. I’m guessing you own a sizable crop east or south of Dallas? Must be nice!

Welcome aboard. This is a great place to pick up knowledge and here fascinating stories. Count yourself a lucky man to live there. Texas will always have a special place in my heart.

Welcome to AH Tony! Glad you found us.

Welcome to AH

Welcome!

Welcome to AH! I would greatly encourage you to attend the DSC convention in February. Presuming Covid doesn’t affect the show, there will be lots of AHers there.
I will be there for sure! :) i went last year and had a blast; woudl'nt miss it for the world. I would love to meet up with some like-minded individuals this year! :)

I will be there for sure! :) i went last year and had a blast; woudl'nt miss it for the world. I would love to meet up with some like-minded individuals this year! :)

Due to Covid, our annual dinner at Gilleys is on hold, but we will hopefully have it. Stay tuned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois