New guy from OK

CRowe

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi, everybody. I’m brand new here and trying to soak up some info about Africa.
Im a lineman by trade and take off 6 months a year to hunt. I just saw some prices on plains game packages and they were less than I expected, so it’s got my wheels turning. I’ve always wanted a kudu and gemsbok so I came here learn more. Thanks

Welcome to AH - Great place to get the wheels turning!

Welcome aboard!

Well you're here now...so expect those wheels to get over-greased, the brakes rendered unusable, and the throttle pinned. ;)

Welcome! Enjoy, and learn from many knowledgeable people on this wonderful site!

Im a lineman by trade and take off 6 months a year to hunt. I just saw some prices on plains game packages and they were less than I expected, so it’s got my wheels turning. I’ve always wanted a kudu and gemsbok so I came here learn more. Thanks
Here's the shocker. A 10 day trip with 7 days actual hunting in Namibia can be cheaper than a 5 day trophy whitetail hunt in Texas! And that's all expenses. Taxidermy is separate.
Welcome aboard.

Welcome!

I miss Oklahoma - went to grad school in Stillwater back in the 70's. In those days, Animal Science grad students could hunt on the north and south cattle ranges.

Thanks everybody!

Rick, I wouldn’t give a Texan $1 to hunt whitetails jk. But I’ll dang sure look in to Namibia!

browningbbr, I don’t know what the huntin was like in Stillwater in the 70s but if it was anything like it’s been the last 20yrs I bet that was a blast!

Hello and welcome!

Giday CRowe. Welcome to the A H forums.

Welcome!

I miss Oklahoma - went to grad school in Stillwater back in the 70's. In those days, Animal Science grad students could hunt on the north and south cattle ranges.
Know hat you mean. Worked in Tulsa for a spell and lived down at Coweta. Miss Oklahoma also.

Hey Rick, I’m from Collinsville, just north of Tulsa. Why’d you leave?

Hey Rick, I’m from Collinsville, just north of Tulsa. Why’d you leave?
Well I got an offer to work for a fellow in Louisiana for double the money I was making in Tulsa. In hind sight I should've stayed in Oklahoma. Liked the hunting and fishing much better in Oklahoma.

Cant blame a guy for that. But man what about those yellowfin down in Venice la?! Rowdy

Welcome to AH!

Cant blame a guy for that. But man what about those yellowfin down in Venice la?! Rowdy
LOL, funny you should say that. On occasion I'll go saltwater fishing at the train trestle in Slidell for specs ad redfish. Certainly a hoot on light tackle. Truth be known though I used to go to Bearing Fork creek up by Tallequaw (?) and fly fish for small mouth bass. 2 1/2-3lbs smally on a 7wt fly rod in fast moving water and brother that was fun! I've always been able to experience the outdoors where ever I've lived. It's a matter of appreciating what's unique to a given area.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the forum!! The enablers on this fine site will have you booking a trip to the dark continent in no time lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abferrell60

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.