New guy from OK

CRowe

AH senior member
Joined
May 20, 2022
Messages
50
Reaction score
60
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hi, everybody. I’m brand new here and trying to soak up some info about Africa.
Im a lineman by trade and take off 6 months a year to hunt. I just saw some prices on plains game packages and they were less than I expected, so it’s got my wheels turning. I’ve always wanted a kudu and gemsbok so I came here learn more. Thanks
 
Welcome to AH - Great place to get the wheels turning!
 
Welcome aboard!

Well you're here now...so expect those wheels to get over-greased, the brakes rendered unusable, and the throttle pinned. ;)
 
Welcome! Enjoy, and learn from many knowledgeable people on this wonderful site!
 
Hi, everybody. I’m brand new here and trying to soak up some info about Africa.
Im a lineman by trade and take off 6 months a year to hunt. I just saw some prices on plains game packages and they were less than I expected, so it’s got my wheels turning. I’ve always wanted a kudu and gemsbok so I came here learn more. Thanks
Here's the shocker. A 10 day trip with 7 days actual hunting in Namibia can be cheaper than a 5 day trophy whitetail hunt in Texas! And that's all expenses. Taxidermy is separate.
Welcome aboard.
 
Welcome!

I miss Oklahoma - went to grad school in Stillwater back in the 70's. In those days, Animal Science grad students could hunt on the north and south cattle ranges.
 
Thanks everybody!

Rick, I wouldn’t give a Texan $1 to hunt whitetails jk. But I’ll dang sure look in to Namibia!

browningbbr, I don’t know what the huntin was like in Stillwater in the 70s but if it was anything like it’s been the last 20yrs I bet that was a blast!
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Giday CRowe. Welcome to the A H forums.
 
Welcome!

I miss Oklahoma - went to grad school in Stillwater back in the 70's. In those days, Animal Science grad students could hunt on the north and south cattle ranges.
Know hat you mean. Worked in Tulsa for a spell and lived down at Coweta. Miss Oklahoma also.
 
Hey Rick, I’m from Collinsville, just north of Tulsa. Why’d you leave?
 
Hey Rick, I’m from Collinsville, just north of Tulsa. Why’d you leave?
Well I got an offer to work for a fellow in Louisiana for double the money I was making in Tulsa. In hind sight I should've stayed in Oklahoma. Liked the hunting and fishing much better in Oklahoma.
 
Cant blame a guy for that. But man what about those yellowfin down in Venice la?! Rowdy
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Cant blame a guy for that. But man what about those yellowfin down in Venice la?! Rowdy
LOL, funny you should say that. On occasion I'll go saltwater fishing at the train trestle in Slidell for specs ad redfish. Certainly a hoot on light tackle. Truth be known though I used to go to Bearing Fork creek up by Tallequaw (?) and fly fish for small mouth bass. 2 1/2-3lbs smally on a 7wt fly rod in fast moving water and brother that was fun! I've always been able to experience the outdoors where ever I've lived. It's a matter of appreciating what's unique to a given area.
 
Hi, everybody. I’m brand new here and trying to soak up some info about Africa.
Im a lineman by trade and take off 6 months a year to hunt. I just saw some prices on plains game packages and they were less than I expected, so it’s got my wheels turning. I’ve always wanted a kudu and gemsbok so I came here learn more. Thanks

Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to the forum!! The enablers on this fine site will have you booking a trip to the dark continent in no time lol
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,159
Members
169,499
Latest member
VenettaFit
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top