New Guy from Indiana

Welcome to the family and the forum TheGrayRider, you are in the right place! Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.
 
Hunting the Dark Continent is usually luxury and pleasure. No pup tents, air mattresses on the ice and snow, dry clothes every day, limited altitude to cover, potable water readily at hand, internal combustion engines to remove harvested game from the field, clean sheets on a bed, and no freeze-dried dehydrated meals. I guess you could plan a tough hunt, if you wanted. Life is good!
 
Welcome to AH, TheGrayRider!
 
New Zealand- stag, tahr, chamois

RSA- kudu, zebra, sable, Blue wildebeest - usual PG hunt

Guns owned - nothing special.

Best trip ever- solo week-long canoeing the White Cliffs area of the Missouri River Breaks, Montana. Followup trip to rifle mule deer hunt. Can’t wait to return. Lewis and Clark were true explorers.

Favorite book- The Lord of the Flies by Sir William Golding.

Current reads - East of Eden by John Steinbeck and A Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leupold.

Another great read - The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz

Most respected modern explorer- Ed Stafford, read “Walking the Amazon” - the guy has a pair, made of titanium.

Happy hunting, The Gray Rider.


Welcome aboard from a fellow Hoosier.
Hunted the west side of the Musselshell river, about 90 miles from the white cliffs area, back in 2010 and got my Mule deer there ,DYI. Was a great trip.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,574,046
Members
169,889
Latest member
flavbemonra1988
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top