New Guy from Indiana

Welcome to the family and the forum TheGrayRider, you are in the right place! Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.

Hunting the Dark Continent is usually luxury and pleasure. No pup tents, air mattresses on the ice and snow, dry clothes every day, limited altitude to cover, potable water readily at hand, internal combustion engines to remove harvested game from the field, clean sheets on a bed, and no freeze-dried dehydrated meals. I guess you could plan a tough hunt, if you wanted. Life is good!

Welcome to AH, TheGrayRider!

New Zealand- stag, tahr, chamois

RSA- kudu, zebra, sable, Blue wildebeest - usual PG hunt

Guns owned - nothing special.

Best trip ever- solo week-long canoeing the White Cliffs area of the Missouri River Breaks, Montana. Followup trip to rifle mule deer hunt. Can’t wait to return. Lewis and Clark were true explorers.

Favorite book- The Lord of the Flies by Sir William Golding.

Current reads - East of Eden by John Steinbeck and A Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leupold.

Another great read - The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz

Most respected modern explorer- Ed Stafford, read “Walking the Amazon” - the guy has a pair, made of titanium.

Happy hunting, The Gray Rider.

Welcome aboard from a fellow Hoosier.
Hunted the west side of the Musselshell river, about 90 miles from the white cliffs area, back in 2010 and got my Mule deer there ,DYI. Was a great trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois