New guy from Arkansas

Welcome to AH! Most elk hunts, even on public land will cost north of $2500 DIY. African hunt probably $7000+ for a good safari and multiple animals. Taxidermy definitely adds up more $$$!

Welcome to AH, Hope to see you in Africa with a big bore soon.

Welcome aboard from east Texas. What part of Arkansas do you hail from?

Also, have you hunted black bear in Arkansas? My .405 double is itching to take one.

Welcome aboard from east Texas. What part of Arkansas do you hail from?

Also, have you hunted black bear in Arkansas? My .405 double is itching to take one.

I started out in Montgomery county, lived in Little Rock for about 8 years, and now reside in Bentonville.

I have hunted them, and seen several, but have never seen one with a gun in my hands. With the quota, and private land baiting, season is usually over almost before it begins in the areas of the state with good bear density. I would have to get really lucky hunting public land to get a shot, though there is sign everywhere.

My poor man's "big bore" Marlin 45-70 is also waiting for its chance. I was very close to one a couple years ago in the Winona WMA. Every trip to the woods revealed new sign, and I mostly ignored the deer, trying instead to get him figured out. One warm misty day I found lots of large rocks had been rolled over in a small wash, and the ground was still dry where the rocks had been moved from. A little earlier, or a quieter approach, would have at least yielded a sighting. It was an exciting chase. One I hope I get to repeat.

Welcome, Wetstone, to this great Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg