New guy from Arkansas

Welcome to AH! Most elk hunts, even on public land will cost north of $2500 DIY. African hunt probably $7000+ for a good safari and multiple animals. Taxidermy definitely adds up more $$$!
 
Welcome to AH, Hope to see you in Africa with a big bore soon.
 
Welcome to AH @Whetstone. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.
 
Welcome aboard from east Texas. What part of Arkansas do you hail from?

Also, have you hunted black bear in Arkansas? My .405 double is itching to take one.
 
Welcome aboard from east Texas. What part of Arkansas do you hail from?

Also, have you hunted black bear in Arkansas? My .405 double is itching to take one.

I started out in Montgomery county, lived in Little Rock for about 8 years, and now reside in Bentonville.

I have hunted them, and seen several, but have never seen one with a gun in my hands. With the quota, and private land baiting, season is usually over almost before it begins in the areas of the state with good bear density. I would have to get really lucky hunting public land to get a shot, though there is sign everywhere.

My poor man's "big bore" Marlin 45-70 is also waiting for its chance. I was very close to one a couple years ago in the Winona WMA. Every trip to the woods revealed new sign, and I mostly ignored the deer, trying instead to get him figured out. One warm misty day I found lots of large rocks had been rolled over in a small wash, and the ground was still dry where the rocks had been moved from. A little earlier, or a quieter approach, would have at least yielded a sighting. It was an exciting chase. One I hope I get to repeat.
 
Welcome, Wetstone, to this great Forum.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,264
Messages
1,570,978
Members
169,212
Latest member
CoreyLeala
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top