New from Wisconsin

A google search for a .416 Rigby brought me here. The interest in contacting the seller for additional information made me register. However, it's the volume of content, hunting reports, and pure entertainment value that has kept me addicted to this crack-site every night past 2:00 AM for the last week. Kudos to all of you in this community for providing such a wonderful environment.

Like most of you, I've enjoyed hunting my entire life. As an avid bowhunter for the last 30 of which, I was devastated when I started having some shoulder issues. I switched to an x-bow for awhile but, just didn't take to it. Then with the lockdowns and needing a new hobby, I started to get back into guns, shooting long distances, and spending a small fortune in doing so. No, I don't know the first thing about reloading. So, If I ever respond to your reloading thread, just ignore me.

Lately, I've been exploring more and more opportunities with rifles and far away places to take them. I really enjoy the new adventure aspect in doing so. It's the information gathering, planning, and envisioning distant lands. It's seeing places you've only read about and dreamt of as a little boy or girl. It's experiencing people and cultures that amaze you and seeing game you've only seen in pictures, movies, or zoos. Simply put, It makes me feel alive.

This is why I plan to visit Africa every year, regardless, until I can no longer.
Hi @Brod! Welcome to AH from small-town Idaho. You sure hit the nail on the head with your joy of traveling to distant lands to experience different people and cultures etc. I 100% agree! Like you, I would love to travel to Africa and other distant lands every single year. Africa just gets in your blood and you can NEVER get enough. Anyway, I look forward to hearing about your adventures!

Also, I'm sorry about your shoulder issues but am glad that you found another way to enjoy the shooting and outdoor lifestyle.

Welcome from another Wisconsinite. I found this forum in a similar way. Asking my search engine (DuckDuckGo) questions about hunting Africa. I love the fact there are so many skill and experience levels here, and everyone is civil to each other!
After some recent threads... I withdraw my comment about everyone being civil to each other.

Hi @Brod! Welcome to AH from small-town Idaho. You sure hit the nail on the head with your joy of traveling to distant lands to experience different people and cultures etc. I 100% agree! Like you, I would love to travel to Africa and other distant lands every single year. Africa just gets in your blood and you can NEVER get enough. Anyway, I look forward to hearing about your adventures!

Also, I'm sorry about your shoulder issues but am glad that you found another way to enjoy the shooting and outdoor lifestyle.
Thanks Sue, I appreciate that. I very much enjoy reading good literature and will make a point to check out some things you have written.

After some recent threads... I withdraw my comment about everyone being civil to each other.
Wait... is this like a joke or like a throw down situation... I had to toggle back and forth my like button because I wasn't sure? ha

:S Welcome:

Thanks Sue, I appreciate that. I very much enjoy reading good literature and will make a point to check out some things you have written.
Ahh thanks @Brod. I appreciate that. I’ve only written one book so it won’t be hard to find. . I never really meant to be an author but my Tanzanian adventure was life changing. I made a promise to our gamescout….which evolved into Cries of the Savanna. You will find a few excerpts here on AH. I do hope you check it out. I’d love to hear your thoughts. Have a great weekend!

Welcome to AH! It is a great site, glad to have you here.

Welcome and look forward to your participation!

Welcome aboard!

Sorry I missed this. Late to the party again. Welcome aboard from another Wisconsinite!

Good day! Welcome!

Welcome from Michigan! Great people here!!

A google search for a .416 Rigby brought me here. The interest in contacting the seller for additional information made me register. However, it's the volume of content, hunting reports, and pure entertainment value that has kept me addicted to this crack-site every night past 2:00 AM for the last week. Kudos to all of you in this community for providing such a wonderful environment.

Like most of you, I've enjoyed hunting my entire life. As an avid bowhunter for the last 30 of which, I was devastated when I started having some shoulder issues. I switched to an x-bow for awhile but, just didn't take to it. Then with the lockdowns and needing a new hobby, I started to get back into guns, shooting long distances, and spending a small fortune in doing so. No, I don't know the first thing about reloading. So, If I ever respond to your reloading thread, just ignore me.

Lately, I've been exploring more and more opportunities with rifles and far away places to take them. I really enjoy the new adventure aspect in doing so. It's the information gathering, planning, and envisioning distant lands. It's seeing places you've only read about and dreamt of as a little boy or girl. It's experiencing people and cultures that amaze you and seeing game you've only seen in pictures, movies, or zoos. Simply put, It makes me feel alive.

This is why I plan to visit Africa every year, regardless, until I can no longer.
Welcome!

What part of Cheeseland?

I was a IT Manager for the Kohler Co and lived in Sheboygan for 6 years before moving back to Michigan.

Glad you are enjoying the web site. It is the best thing going for information about hunting Africa. Bad for my wallet but great for information about hunting Africa

Welcome!

What part of Cheeseland?

I was a IT Manager for the Kohler Co and lived in Sheboygan for 6 years before moving back to Michigan.

Glad you are enjoying the web site. It is the best thing going for information about hunting Africa. Bad for my wallet but great for information about hunting Africa
Thanks and totally agree... I'm in the South Central area.

I guess the nearest town that posts a sign around here is Utica. But we do have a home talent baseball team, a tavern, and a sign that proudly states "UNINCORPORATED"...so I've got that goin' for me. HAHA!

Your profile. “Big Wisci up in the 608”. Isn’t Whitewater 608? Literally, like the bottom 10% of the State?

I was a 414 (before 262 was a thing and before women had penises) kid and I remember seeing adverts for used hunting/fishing stuff as a kid and it was local pickup in Wisconsin! Yes! Then I’d realize it was 715 area code and I cursed under my breath. Why can’t they just say “near Thunder Bay and Duluth?”. Scams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarshaBott

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.